LONDON IS UNDER ATTACK

How can anyone survive this sort of attack? - See link http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4127700...lose_reader.jpg

376305[/snapback]

Ask the Israelis. They pull survivors off busses in even worse shape than that all the time.

In fact, given the way the bus's structure peeled away and the integrity of the seats on the upper deck, it's not the least bit surprising that people survived it.

(Don't mean to sound callous or cold, BTW...fact is, my sister's fiancee should have been right in the middle of all this when it kicked off, and I'm rather worried. I just don't get dramatic about this stuff anymore...)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they find the lead on whatever cell(s) are in London and let the SAS sort 'em out. You know those guys are chomping at the bit right about now.

376311[/snapback]

Hear, hear. Let the baddest mothers alive after those fargs.

Hell, let's just turn them loose in Damascus, Cairo and Tehran.

Ask the Israelis.  They pull survivors off busses in even worse shape than that all the time. 

In fact, given the way the bus's structure peeled away and the integrity of the seats on the upper deck, it's not the least bit surprising that people survived it. 

(Don't mean to sound callous or cold, BTW...fact is, my sister's fiancee should have been right in the middle of all this when it kicked off, and I'm rather worried.  I just don't get dramatic about this stuff anymore...)

376312[/snapback]

I know I know. It's all very shocking though.

All I can hear out of the windows here at work is sirens...

At least the emergency services are well prepared to deal with this - they are doing a superb job.

Thank god I don't live in a real warzone like Israel or Iraq... It must be terrifying.

Hear, hear. Let the baddest mothers alive after those fargs.

Hell, let's just turn them loose in Damascus, Cairo and Tehran.

376314[/snapback]

Absolutely.

There is no better unit in the world capable of dealing with this sort of thing.

Those of us back in the states should be extra vigilant during our morning commute (its 0630 here)

376254[/snapback]

Here in DC, Metro stations are being watched very carefully...security stepped up in stations around the White House, i.e. Farragut West.

I hope they find the lead on whatever cell(s) are in London and let the SAS sort 'em out. You know those guys are chomping at the bit right about now.

376311[/snapback]

Why not start with this guy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...05/wosse705.xml

But really, why are asses like him and his buddy that calls to overthrow the British Government and replace it with Islamic law allowed to stay in the country?

Get those asses out of there, and the U.S. and be done with it. Let them blow themselves up, since that is what they do best.

Get those asses out of there, and the U.S. and be done with it. Let them blow themselves up, since that is what they do best.

376327[/snapback]

Or better yet, make them....disappear.

Can't talk when you've got concrete shoes on at the bottom of the ocean.

I know I know. It's all very shocking though.

All I can hear out of the windows here at work is sirens...

At least the emergency services are well prepared to deal with this - they are doing a superb job.

Thank god I don't live in a real warzone like Israel or Iraq... It must be terrifying.

376316[/snapback]

Shocking indeed. 9/11 at the Pentagon unfolded literally outside my bedroom window. It took me a good eighteen months before I stopped jumping when I heard sirens. I know all too well what you're feeling...

From what I've seen, your emergency services are doing terrific work. Legacy of the IRA, I imagine...you've had to deal with terrorism over there long enough that you've got the knowledge institutionalized. There aren't many cities much better able to handle this than London.

Or better yet, make them....disappear.

Can't talk when you've got concrete shoes on at the bottom of the ocean.

376330[/snapback]

Sure, I'd be all for it. But I bet Dick "turbin" Durbin and his pals like Sponge Ted Square Liver will be on the news crying about how we treat these terrorists....

Here in DC, Metro stations are being watched very carefully...security stepped up in stations around the White House, i.e. Farragut West.

376322[/snapback]

They had some additional security on VRE train stations as well. At my stop there was a county police officer in his car in the parking lot, reading a book or sleeping. Not sure which. But I watched him for 3-4 minutes and he never looked up. Yeah good security there. :devil:

Why not start with this guy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...05/wosse705.xml

But really, why are asses like him and his buddy that calls to overthrow the British Government and replace it with Islamic law allowed to stay in the country?

376327[/snapback]

Here, there's Sec. 2385 in the criminal code "Advocating the Overthrow of the Government By Force or Violence." Minimum 20 years on top of any other charges.

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or

teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of

overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or

the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession

thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by

force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any

such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any

such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates,

sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed

matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity,

desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any

government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts

to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society,

group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the

overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or

violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any

such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes

thereof -

VERY SCARED RIGHT NOW. Bombs appear to be exploding around London. Tube system has completely closed.

Don't know what is happening............

376239[/snapback]

:devil:

Damn Nick, bad news to wake up to. Prayers for you and everyone in London. I know what you're feeling as I was way too close myself on 9-11. Hopefully people are staying relatively calm.

They had some additional security on VRE train stations as well.  At my stop there was a county police officer in his car in the parking lot, reading a book or sleeping.  Not sure which.  But I watched him for 3-4 minutes and he never looked up.  Yeah good security there.  :devil:

376346[/snapback]

Not even a single cop at my station. No dogs. No nothing. Not even increased security at the Metro station (Springfield) I get off VRE at. I would think they'd be taking this a bit more seriously today.

Also, Amtrac still doesn't screen luggage at all.

Not even a single cop at my station. No dogs. No nothing. Not even increased security at the Metro station (Springfield) I get off VRE at. I would think they'd be taking this a bit more seriously today.

Also, Amtrac still doesn't screen luggage at all.

376366[/snapback]

Where do you get on and at what time. The alert didn't really go out until 0600. So if you were on before then, you probably would not have seen anything. I was surprised the bomb dogs didn't go through at Alexandria or Crystal City either.

Where do you get on and at what time.  The alert didn't really go out until 0600.  So if you were on before then, you probably would not have seen anything.  I was surprised the bomb dogs didn't go through at Alexandria or Crystal City either.

376372[/snapback]

I get on at Fredericksburg at 7:15. Plenty of time for a city cop to pull up and sit in front of the station, as they've done in the past for no apparent reason. I think even that little move could be a deterant. The only change in the regular pattern today was that the conductor actually checked tickets. Wow, they're really going all out!

I'm sure terrorists don't but tickets. :devil: