Oh, this is nice....real nice!!!

CentralVaBills

Indiana Four Star School - 2000, 2001

Indiana "Best Buy" School - 2000

New American High School - 1999

National School-to-Work Site - 1999

Indiana Blue Ribbon High School - 1997, 1998, 1999

Just some of the awards the school has recieved.

372890[/snapback]

So? That doesn't make your perceptions any more lucid or give you a pass to be so immature. Are you directly or indirectly responsible for any of those?

School awards. Sad.

372890[/snapback]

Yeah except about 200 schools in the state alone receive these awards each year. Hell is there even more then 200 schools in the whole state?

http://ideanet.doe.state.in.us/reed/newsr/...fourstar00.html

Yeah except about 200 schools in the state alone receive these awards each year.  Hell is there even more then 200 schools in the whole state?

http://ideanet.doe.state.in.us/reed/newsr/...fourstar00.html

372897[/snapback]

I left out the fact that in (98 or 99, don't remember) it was voted a top 50 high school in the country. We recieved a hundred thousand in grants in just one school year because of the performance of the school.

"To be designated as a Four Star School, a school must not only meet all levels of expected performance under the state's Performance-Based Accreditation system, but it also must be rated in the top 25 percent in each of four specific areas: (1) total battery performance on ISTEP+ (Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus), (2) language arts proficiency scores on ISTEP+, (3) mathematics proficiency scores on ISTEP+, and (4) attendance rates."

So for that award it is possible for a lot of schools to win it. There are thousands of schools in Indiana I believe. Hell I've got 10 of them within a 15 minute drive of me.

372890[/snapback]

When they were presented the awards, were you one of the kids they hid in the baement?

"The state's coming to give us an award again today...round up all the 'special' kids and take 'em to the 'special' classroom."

I left out the fact that in (98 or 99, don't remember) it was voted a top 50 high school in the country.  We recieved a hundred thousand in grants in just one school year because of the performance of the school.

372902[/snapback]

This line of argument would be a lot more effective if it wasn't for the fact that SOMEONE had to be at the bottom of the class... :)

When they were presented the awards, were you one of the kids they hid in the baement?

"The state's coming to give us an award again today...round up all the 'special' kids and take 'em to the 'special' classroom."

372903[/snapback]

Sorry Tom, I attended the ceremonies for all of them from 1997-99.

I'm sure it is for someone who never won any most likely.

372898[/snapback]

Nah, I just have medals from military service. Those don't mean crap compared to some high school in Indiana getting an award for being "swell." You really are an amazing fella, Baron.

I left out the fact that in (98 or 99, don't remember) it was voted a top 50 high school in the country.  We recieved a hundred thousand in grants in just one school year because of the performance of the school.

"To be designated as a Four Star School, a school must not only meet all levels of expected performance under the state's Performance-Based Accreditation system, but it also must be rated in the top 25 percent in each of four specific areas: (1) total battery performance on ISTEP+ (Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus), (2) language arts proficiency scores on ISTEP+, (3) mathematics proficiency scores on ISTEP+, and (4) attendance rates."

So for that award it is possible for a lot of schools to win it.  There are thousands of schools in Indiana I believe.  Hell I've got 10 of them within a 15 minute drive of me.

372902[/snapback]

Federal grants to get kids to stop eating paste and how to wipe their ass really don't count...

Nah, I just have medals from military service.  Those don't mean crap compared to some high school in Indiana getting an award for being "swell."  You really are an amazing fella, Baron.

372907[/snapback]

RUN FORREST RUN!!!!!!

EVEN FORREST GUMP GOT A MEDAL!!!!

Nah, I just have medals from military service.  Those don't mean crap compared to some high school in Indiana getting an award for being "swell."  You really are an amazing fella, Baron.

372907[/snapback]

I have some of those. But I really wished I could have finished last in my class at one of the top 200 out of 201 schools in the state of Indiana. that would have meant so much more to me. :)

372903[/snapback]

YEAH!

Now THAT's what I'M talking about...

I can just see a line of little Retatta fans marching off to the nuclear bomb shleter.

I couldn't WAIT to get away from high school. Haven't seen the place since the last flicker in the rearview mirror. I don't care if Alden was beautified by the church, I'd find something else to toot my horn over besides how many 4-H or whatever ribbons they won. I think Alden was considered a pretty good school at the time. I had no effect on it, it had no effect on me. They were rather happy to see me graduate and leave, as a matter of fact.

You know, this obsession with statistics you have isn't proving intelligence, it's more an indicator of mania. I kinda thought "whatever" to who batted what on May 5th, 1973...but tossing out your high school awards package is a little...I don't know what it is.