And I thought 4 SB losses were tough...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Greg,

I am sorry to hear about your Dad. It will be a roller coaster for a while. I lost my Dad when I was 3 and my Mom when I was 25. After my Mom passed away, my sister who is about 1 1/2 years younger than me asked me if I remembered our father. I told her yes that I have four images of him including one when he was dying in his bed. My sister told me that she did not remember our father. At that point, I realized that I was lucky and she was less so.

Hold on to your memories of your Dad. Write your memories down and cherish them as they can fade as you age. The one about the Rockpile is a keeper!!!

When the Bills lost those four and the Sabres their two, it was hard but they don't compare to losing my parents.

I hold on tightly to my four images of my Dad. Hold on to yours! You are lucky!

Prayers and peace!!!

Spun

Im sorry man. It's a day I know is coming for me but I put it out of my mind. Last summer I had to come back east to be with my dad for his FOURTH open heart surgery. I thought I was going to see him for the last time. He made it through in fine shape but he is almost 70 now. He continues to drink too much and smoke so I fear every late night phone call thinking it may be my stepmom informing me of the worst. I wish you the best and I hope I can find the same compassion when my dad goes.

Greg, my dad passed away this past New Years Day and I know what you are going through. One of my best memories is him taking me to a Bills-Colts game back in '76 in Baltimore. Hang tough, things get better. God Bless.