German Soccer Player Buys Beer For The Whole Stadium

DrW

In his final home game for the Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund, Marco Reus (who had also been playing for the German national team) bought beer for everyone of drinking age in the stadium (total attendance 81,000). By the way, Reus is considering a move to US Major League Soccer.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DrW said:

In his final home game for the Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund, Marco Reus (who had also been playing for the German national team) bought beer for everyone of drinking age in the stadium (total attendance 81,000). By the way, Reus is considering a move to US Major League Soccer.  

I hope he comes to Atlanta! 🍺 

The energy at those games is absolutely amazing! 

EDIT: I was also hoping for a free beer. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DrW said:

Now there's a guy who knows how to appreciate fans!

I attended my first US MLS game earlier this spring.  I loved it!  The energy level was amazing.  The fan club section was LIT - those guys do NOT skip "arm day" or they wouldn't be beating drums and waving those large flags so enthusiastically all game long.  Stadium food was pricy but good.

Overall 8 out of 10, strongly recommend.  (the 2 points off are for this stadium's policy of disallowing empty aluminum or plastic bottles to be brought in by fans.  I feel in midwestern heat, water is a life essential and fans should be able to fill a bottle from the fountains)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have read that Germans allow infants to drink beer. It's a cultural thing.  I personally wouldn't go that far. But a wee sip wouldn't hurt I guess.

PROST

I had to Google that means cheers- SALUD in german

14 minutes ago, muppy said:

I have read that Germans allow infants to drink beer. It's a cultural thing.  I personally wouldn't go that far. But a wee sip wouldn't hurt I guess.

PROST

Some might do, especially in Southern Germany. However, it is not a general custom. I had my first beer with 16 or 17 on our high school class trip to (at that time) West Berlin.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DrW said:

Some might do, especially in Southern Germany. However, it is not a general custom. I had my first beer with 16 or 17 on our high school class trip to (at that time) West Berlin.

My grandfather was born in schwanddorf Bavaria 

And he and his entire family were massive drinkers... He was drinking well before 16 but again I know Bavaria drinking is not all of Germany 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, muppy said:

PROST

I am 1/4 German and it was not uncommon to see as a kid the “little” kids getting a wee taste of beer. I am not a proponent of the practice but I also recognize that probably nobody was really harmed.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

I am 1/4 German and it was not uncommon to see as a kid the “little” kids getting a wee taste of beer. I am not a proponent of the practice but I also recognize that probably nobody was really harmed.

lol upon reflection saying "infants" might have been a bit much. I don't think anyone is feeding their baby from a bottle or anything. But as a cultural drink much like red wine. I know for a fact that a red wine is served at an early age to kids in Italy too. 

• Agree 1

I was in Frankfurt a couple of weeks ago.  You could buy a beer in the airport and walk around drinking it anywhere you wanted.  MLS is unwatchable. Sloppy and awful.