Madden to join NBC in '06

Dan III

"John Madden is the best analyst in the history of the National Football League and, in my opinion, the best analyst of any kind in sports television history,"'

example:

"Boom!  That's what happens when you let those big old defensive linemen push those big old offensive linemen backwards"

Madden may be past his prime, but all of these color guys pretty much blow...the ones that are smart (Dierdorf!) are pretty much hated by everyone. I am in the minority, I guess, I think Madden and Michaels were pretty decent together on MNF, and I am glad that Madden will be doing the Sunday night games...

Best Madden QUote:

Referring to Troy Aikman after he lost his contact (as done by Frank Caliendo doing John Madden's actual quote):

"Here's a guy who when he puts his contacts in, he can see better"

359739[/snapback]

Now that's insight! Sign him up for another 20 years.

Hank Stram is the only analyst I can remember who ever said anything BEFORE a play. He would look at the formation and tell you what to watch for, and he was usually right. ("They're overloaded to the right side. Look for a misdirection play back across the grain . . .") I wish more color guys were as into the game as he was.

Hank Stram is the only analyst I can remember who ever said anything BEFORE a play.  He would look at the formation and tell you what to watch for, and he was usually right.  ("They're overloaded to the right side.  Look for a misdirection play back across the grain . . .")  I wish more color guys were as into the game as he was.

360531[/snapback]

Not totally true. If you go the bills website and find the link for MultiMedia, then clock on Bills Vision and scroll down to 12th Man - Best Gadget Play. When they get to the play where Moorman fakes a punt vs. Oakland, you can hear Van Pelt calling the play. Of course, he saw Burns jumping up and down pointing at Smith, but still.... :blush: