In hindsight, should we have traded for Diontae Johnson?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 6:24 PM, FireChans said:

DJ is $10M on the books for the Panthers.

He was traded to Carolina (CAR) from Pittsburgh (PIT) with 2024 7th round pick (#240) for Donte Jackson and 2024 6th round pick (#178). Now, Donte may have had some value for the Stillers but he was likely going to be cut in Carolina, and he signed a restructured $6M deal with them after the trade, so he didn't have a TON of value.

So maybe without Jackson to dangle, could we have gotten him for a 4th or a 5th and 6th?

In hindsight, is that a move you wished we pulled the trigger on, knowing what we know about Diggs now?

Bump

• Vomit 1

On 4/5/2024 at 8:24 PM, FireChans said:

DJ is $10M on the books for the Panthers.

He was traded to Carolina (CAR) from Pittsburgh (PIT) with 2024 7th round pick (#240) for Donte Jackson and 2024 6th round pick (#178). Now, Donte may have had some value for the Stillers but he was likely going to be cut in Carolina, and he signed a restructured $6M deal with them after the trade, so he didn't have a TON of value.

So maybe without Jackson to dangle, could we have gotten him for a 4th or a 5th and 6th?

In hindsight, is that a move you wished we pulled the trigger on, knowing what we know about Diggs now?

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I was a firm no when you asked before. I'm still a no. But a softer one. I just am not a big Diontae Johnson guy and never have been. Sloppy route runner with bad hands and a questionable attitude.

The late round picks clearly had zero value based on the trades being made.

I think it would’ve been a steal