Dobbins currently in KC

40 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

What's the difference? 

Honestly don't know, I'm terrible with medical stuff but always thought ACL meant a torn achilles 

I like it only cause i think CEH is trash

the difference is one sees guys come back as mvp caliber players and the other results in mediocre 3rd stringers that unceremoniously retire in a year or two 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) The problem is that he has played in only 24 of 67 potential regular season games in his NFL career.........and left a bunch of those injured, not to return.   

Among the very best?  IS he though?    He had some exceptional ypc in Greg Roman's offense but we witnessed a fading Shady and journeymen Karlos and Gilleslee all feast with league high type ypc figures under Roman.

Personally,  I think there is every reason to expect JK Dobbins to be washed after that myriad of injuries..........but even if you feel he's good to go you gotta' start by adjusting his ypc down about 20%.    Look at Gus Edwards last year.   Gus went from averaging over 5 yards per carry for his career under Roman to a sub-league-average 4.1.  

It’s mighty tough to both expect him to return to form and then exceed that by staying healthy to boot. 

if he was cheap enough, I wouldn’t be opposed to a flyer with low guarantees as I would like a non rookie, non Ty back behind cook but not racing to get a guy that’s a long shot either. 

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

What's the difference? 

Honestly don't know, I'm terrible with medical stuff but always thought ACL meant a torn achilles

ACLs are ligaments in the knee.  The Achilles is the tendon on the back of your leg located just above the back of your foot running towards the bottom of your calf.

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the difference is one sees guys come back as mvp caliber players and the other results in mediocre 3rd stringers that unceremoniously retire in a year or two 

It’s mighty tough to both expect him to return to form and then exceed that by staying healthy to boot. 

if he was cheap enough, I wouldn’t be opposed to a flyer with low guarantees as I would like a non rookie, non Ty back behind cook but not racing to get a guy that’s a long shot either. 

The thing is

I am risk adverse at times

We had injuries to two RBs last year that kind of ruined the plan

Ty Johnson thankfully picked up the ball ( see what i did there )
Looked really positive going into the season.

I no longer wish for maybes to come back to form

Rather have one vet and one rookie behind Cook. Johnson can play the Veteran role this year lol

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) The problem is that he has played in only 24 of 67 potential regular season games in his NFL career.........and left a bunch of those injured, not to return.   

Among the very best?  IS he though?    He had some exceptional ypc in Greg Roman's offense but we witnessed a fading Shady and journeymen Karlos and Gilleslee all feast with league high type ypc figures under Roman.

Personally,  I think there is every reason to expect JK Dobbins to be washed after that myriad of injuries..........but even if you feel he's good to go you gotta' start by adjusting his ypc down about 20%.    Look at Gus Edwards last year.   Gus went from averaging over 5 yards per carry for his career under Roman to a sub-league-average 4.1.  

Fair enough, but Dobbins is a 1-cut and go guy.  215lb-220lb RB that with 4.3 speed.

The talent is real.  

13 hours ago, Beast said:

The Tre White of running backs.

Please. Terrible comparison.

White had five and a half extremely healthy effective seasons.

20 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Fair enough, but Dobbins is a 1-cut and go guy.  215lb-220lb RB that with 4.3 speed.

The talent is real.  

Is?

Or was?

We have yet to see. But it really was there originally, I'd agree with that much.

9 hours ago, Billl said:

ACLs are ligaments in the knee.  The Achilles is the tendon on the back of your leg located just above the back of your foot running towards the bottom of your calf.

If it helps Jersey, the ACL stands for Anterior Cruciate Ligament which means it’s in the front part of your knee.  There are three others.  The PCL or Posterior Cruciate Ligament, the MCL or Medial Collateral Ligament, and the LCL or Lateral Cruciate Ligament.

Basically the ACL is in the front, PCL is in the back, MCL in the interior, and LCL in the outside portion of your knee.  You also have meniscus in your knee which is another word for cartiledge.

I hope that helps.

10 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The talent is real.  

The talent might have been real 5 years ago but it's safe to say after 3 serious injuries he isn't going to be running any 4.3's again.  

He has less career carries than Ty Johnson and but is probably washed.   

Reminds me of the Leonard Fournette fascination.......didn't matter what common sense should have told some Bills fans,  they had to see it for themselves.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The talent might have been real 5 years ago but it's safe to say after 3 serious injuries he isn't going to be running any 4.3's again.  

He has less career carries than Ty Johnson and but is probably washed.   

Reminds me of the Leonard Fournette fascination.......didn't matter what common sense should have told some Bills fans,  they had to see it for themselves.   

Fournette was way past it by the time he got here, unfortunately.  

• Agree 1