So Where Do YOU Get Your News - The 12 Types of Americans

10 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I’m in a vehicle for about 2.5 hours a day so I listen to NPR or various podcasts like The Bukwark, Ted Talks, Michael Steele, Buffalo Plus, Locked On Bills, Post Reports, The Economist and various ones on science or geography topics. I watch local TV news and PBS evening news. Cable news is often lacking since they often don’t take the time to explain complex issues or they keep hammering the same story to death. I like 60 Minutes in depth reporting on Sundays. I usually do an X check each day and check news.google a few times a week and talk about bigger events with friends who are all over the political spectrum. 

This is a good thread giving me some sources to check out.

NPR is on in my car whenever I'm listening to news.  PBS newshour most nights.  I like "This American Life" for long road trips.  Talk politics, guns and fishing, cars, lawn and farm equipment at weekly bookclub.  also local politics which are really interesting..  Local news broadcasts are poor here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

you guys are crazy driving around listening to NPR. that's a way to fall asleep and get in an accident. they have a huge lack of integrity anymore.  

Podcast for rides.

Cover1

Circling the wagons

the extra point show

Locked on bills

Buffalo plus 

Buffalo Rumblings

Shout

• Haha (+1) 1

if it's on NPR, it can stay out of my playlist.  if not, it can't hurt to listen.

listening now, crazy they call this Nonfiction.  reads more like propaganda masked as a story.

Edited by Tommy Callahan

6 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

you guys are crazy driving around listening to NPR. that's a way to fall asleep and get in an accident. they have a huge lack of integrity anymore.  

Podcast for rides.

Cover1

Circling the wagons

the extra point show

Locked on bills

Buffalo plus 

Buffalo Rumblings

Shout

Not a Sabres fan, huh? 

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I like the podcast "Stuff You Should Know"

I listen to far too many podcasts. Used to listen to SYSK but fell off a while ago. Nothing against the show, there is just too much stuff out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Not so much any more.  

Hull was in the crease.  

I was in Manhattan a few weeks back and the Stars were in town. I went up to one of the fans in a bar who was wearing Dallas stuff and said, like Larry David, "Ya know, Hull's skate was in the crease." He literally got mad and walked away telling his girlfriend I was wrong, lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

if it's on NPR, it can stay out of my playlist.  if not, it can't hurt to listen.

listening now, crazy they call this Nonfiction.  reads more like propaganda masked as a story.

One of my fav episodes. Might be set in my town. Better listened to than read. 
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/699/transcript

21 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

NPR. 😂

• Thank you (+1) 2

Does Axios have a Twitter account? 

Do I follow it?

Do I follow Joe Rogan and Jessie Kelly?  

Do I follow Julie Kelly?  

Do I follow The NY Times?

Do I follow Bill Maher and Jake Tapper?  

All on Twitter. 

Can I then think, question, and research?  

Why, yes.  Yes I do follow them and I can think and research.  

This elitist pompous b.s. from libs and lib fake news organizations like Axios can all go F off this is why no one trusts or believes anything they say.   They are total hacks and liars reporting on almost nothing that actually matters to Americans and what America should care about.  Only what they think is good for Democrats.  

Axios is the absolute worst.  But, I need to know what the Maoists are spinning these days so I follow them.  

I’m a Muske-teer after all.   

I at least understand where rights come from.  

Axios didn’t run a story on how MSNBC anchors do not - and they didn’t offer any of there usual “why this matters” to go with it.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Does Axios have a Twitter account? 

Do I follow it?

Do I follow Joe Rogan and Jessie Kelly?  

Do I follow Julie Kelly?  

Do I follow The NY Times?

Do I follow Bill Maher and Jake Tapper?  

All on Twitter. 

Can I then think, question, and research?  

Why, yes.  Yes I do follow them and I can think and research.  

This elitist pompous b.s. from libs and lib fake news organizations like Axios can all go F off this is why no one trusts or believes anything they say.   They are total hacks and liars reporting on almost nothing that actually matters to Americans and America cares about.  Only what they think is good for Democrats.  

Axios is the absolute worst.  But, I need to know what the Maoists are spinning these days so I follow them.  

I’m a Muske-teer after all.   

I at least understand where rights come from.  

Axios didn’t run a story on how MSNBC anchors do not - and they didn’t offer any of there usual “why this matters” to go with it.  

I still remember when the King went on a rant about The Federalist, and finished it by linking to Axios.

😂

• Haha (+1) 2

This story, which was used as the impetus to not only bulk censor the Hunter laptop story everywhere on the internet and social media, but to then LOCK the account of the NY Post on Twitter and elsewhere, is STILL up on the Politico website with no updates or corrections.

It should tell all non useful idiots everything they need to know about what sources they should completely dismiss before then considering what ones MIGHT be worthy of placing trust in.

Newsflash useful idiots, even the WaPo, NYT and CBS news have acknowledged that Hunter's laptop always was authentic, even if they did so buried in paragraph twenty six.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sure Axios is just fine. :lol:

Critical theory is straight out of the Frankfurt school teachings of cultural Marxism.

It's pervasive throughout US institutions. The long march through the institutions.....and here we are with useful idiots like FuQ defending clear marxist efforts.

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

American liberal fascism is a sickness.

I know, ensuring everyone eligible to vote, can vote! Just terrible! And giving people health insurance! Outrageous! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1