When did Al Cowlings

aussiew

I know we traded him to Houston in 1973. But when did we sign him and where did he come from...Seattle?

358573[/snapback]

Drafted 5th overall by the Bills in 1970 and per bb.com....

April 30, 1973 BILLS TRADE DE AL COWLINGS

The Bills traded DE Al Cowlings to Houston, for the Oilers' second-round draft pick in 1974.

He used to pal around Gabriel's Gate in Allentown with OJ.

He was perceived as OJ's procurer. I've no evidence.

358602[/snapback]

He and the rest of OJ's crew were also known to haunt the Pierce Arrow.

He used to pal around Gabriel's Gate in Allentown with OJ.

He was perceived as OJ's procurer. I've no evidence.

358602[/snapback]

I thought more recently he was his chauffer, I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Al being the driving force a few years ago...

He and the rest of OJ's crew were also known to haunt the Pierce Arrow.

358605[/snapback]

Alright I asked this a long time ago, but was the Pierce Arrow the place in Williamsville? If so, where was it. I remeber seeing Kelly and the boys out quite a bit in Williamsville and just cannot remeber the name of the place

Alright I asked this a long time ago, but was the Pierce Arrow the place in Williamsville? If so, where was it. I remeber seeing Kelly and the boys out quite a bit in Williamsville and just cannot remeber the name of the place

358612[/snapback]

Pierce Arrow is a road that runs between Delaware and Elmwood. It was named after the famous 30's and on luxury auto manufacturer, which was headquartered and manufactured in the City of Buffalo...part of the region's history. The manufacturing facility was taken over by the now-defunct Kittenger Furniture company (also a famous name). That factory was just a bit south of the Curtiss-Wright factory, where the Bell Airacobra P-39 was manufactured during WW II.

The grille was in the vicinity - at least the one I knew of...

358612[/snapback]

The Pierce Arrow was on Elmwood.

Pierce Arrow is a road that runs between Delaware and Elmwood. It was named after the famous 30's and on luxury auto manufacturer, which was headquartered and manufactured in the City of Buffalo...part of the region's history. The manufacturing facility was taken over by the now-defunct Kittenger Furniture company (also a famous name). That factory was just a bit south of the Curtiss-Wright factory, where the Bell Airacobra P-39 was manufactured during WW II.

358697[/snapback]

True, but there was a club (Pierce Arrow) out in Williamsville that did great biz in the early 80"s. I would know, they ended up with a pile of my money....Nice place in it's day to meet the ladies...

Only drawback was that it was disco and I hated that music....but for the sake of ladies....

358697[/snapback]

Actually from the first decade of the 20th century on to the 30's... With the height of its dominance being amongst the elite and affluent in the 1920's... Then came the depression!

What is it about Buffalo losing such premium brands and products before they truly become icons? Take for example the luxury car, micro-brewery's and, aerospace... All squashed out of town due to hard times, downturns... Only to have these products re-emerge strong a few decades later full force in some other town?

Wasn't the club in West Seneca an offshoot from the popularity of the one in the NorthTowns? It was short lived?

358697[/snapback]

In the late 60's Sylvania designed and manufactured radio's for the military there. As I understand it, the Pierce Arrow was also manufactured there in the 20's or 30's, or maybe both.