FA signings of Samuel and Hollins impact on the WR draft strategy?

Draft impact of Samuel and Hollins  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What impact will Samuel and Hollins have on Beane's WR draft strategy?

• Stays put at 28, but nothing changes and still takes a WR
    • Won't go WR early and will wait until day 3 and find value in a deep draft
    • Looks to trade up to get a WR1 top end prospect to take over for Diggs in a year or 2
    • Looks to trade down and take a WR while adding some more draft assets
    • Other - Post below

TO be honest i have NO clue what Beane will do !! Anything is on the table but i don't see him spending the draft capital to move up in the 1st this season there will be a lot of good WR's i feel at our pick .

My favorite WR that i think could really be available for the Bills is becoming Legget, i watched some of his highlights the dude can motor and he has great hands ! Ya'll probably know more about him than i do but i hope he falls to the Bills .

I don't think he will make it to the 2nd round he would be the perfect fit if they decide to jettison Diggs next season . Heck there may be a possibility that if they were to get a guy like him in the draft with who they have brought in already if Diggs doesn't get as many throws his way he becomes really disgruntled & they make a trade .

The WR room is going to be really crowded this year & it looks as if Josh will have plenty of weapons to target at any given time but they still have to look at the future & i feel a player like a Legget could be one to have moving into the new stadium and to keep the Bills rolling into he future .

I'm not sure what the D lineman look like this year if there is a really good one that falls to us at our pick that will be a need going forward too because i'm not sure if next year Von or Diggs are here if they get the right guys in this draft plus the cap savings could be used for other younger players .

I think if Mitchell is available at #28, you just gotta take him.....if he's within reach of #28, then you gotta leapfrog teams and make a play for him.

He would be a WR1 on a rookie contract for 5 years and also Diggs successor, so the math works for me.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I think if Mitchell is available at #28, you just gotta take him.....if he's within reach of #28, then you gotta leapfrog teams and make a play for him.

He would be a WR1 on a rookie contract for 5 years and also Diggs successor, so the math works for me.

For A Mitchell I think it depends on how the interviews went - Mitchell comes across as kind of a prima donna and the FO might not want that.

I think the FO may try to have some restraint and stay and see what develops at #28.  Legette/K Coleman/T Franklin look like they would meet a need and be great culture fits.  If they are all there and the FO has them on the same tier,  I think it would make sense to try and trade back some.

I don't think Samuel  or Hollins impact the strategy as much as keeping Diggs around does.  With Diggs still here the FO has the luxury of using 2024 as a slower break-in year for the rookie.

I voted trade down, no 3rd round picks and you can probably still get a great player if you get the right one in the 2nd.  I don't think more than 2-3 go off the board in that window.  It does depend on how far down though, and whether there are a few players they have similar grades on.  

I trust Beane and his team to make good picks. For the last few years I haven't really had a preference on who they should take because I'm usually good with whatever direction they go. 

However, this year seems to be a very ideal year to nab one of these top ranked receivers. Seems like a loaded class. And I'm sure they'd love to have two playmakers like Kincaid and a rookie WR on those cheaper rookie deals. 

Let the rookie learn under Diggs and Samuel. Ramp up his workload as the season goes on and then if it all goes to plan I'd imagine they move on from Diggs in 2025. Not that I really want them to but it seems to make sense financially. Or I'm dumb and have misunderstood what I've read about his situation.