Eagles sign Saquon Barkley - $46.7M with $26M Guaranteed

Einstein

15 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Multi-year contract of ~13M/per to a 27 year old RB who average sub-4.0 YPC and has missed 21 games in last 4 seasons?

Ouch.  If that's winning UFA on Day 1 I don't want to know what losing looks like.  

NFC East keeps getting worse. 

The knock on CMC was that he wasn't worth the money and was always hurt. He's now the best non QB offensive player in the NFL. Clearly they are paying for a healthy Saquon who is every bit as good.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

This is the New York Giants CJ Spiller Buffalo Bills draft pick. The Bills use to do stupid stuff like that which is one of many reasons the Bills playoff drought was so long. The Giants set there franchise back 15 plus years choosing a dime a dozen RB Saquon Barkley over QB Josh Allen insanity if you are a New York Giants fan. As a Bills fan we were very fortunate Josh Allen fell to us and both the New York Giants and New York Jets passed on Josh Allen in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

He was such an awesome talent - with no injury history before the NFL.  He is also as much of a receiver and YAC guy as he is a RB.  I get why people were tempted.  

But you’re right.  The days of an NFL RB changing the game for the better part of a decade are over - at least in today’s NFL.  There is no reason to spend a top pick on a RB - the same reason why there is no reason to pay them top dollar (last years fight).  You can simply plug in a James cook, Isaiah Pacheo, Devon Singletary or Tony pollard and you’ll do 90% of what the top guys do for 50% (or less) of the cash. 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

The knock on CMC was that he wasn't worth the money and was always hurt. He's now the best non QB offensive player in the NFL. Clearly they are paying for a healthy Saquon who is every bit as good.

288 touches for 1242 yards and 10 TDs is now every bit as good as 339 touches for 2023 yards and 21 TDs.  I understand now. 

• Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

288 touches for 1242 yards and 10 TDs is now every bit as good as 339 touches for 2023 yards and 21 TDs.  I understand now. 

Yes because the Giants offense is as good as the 49ers. Let's talk after this season that Barkley is about to have

16 hours ago, Doc said:

Losing Kelce and Cox and way over paying Barkley is not a winning off-season for them.

Lol yeah, the early comments in this thread saying great signing are soooo out of touch. This isn't rookie Saquon. He hasnt been the same since. He's always injured he looked INCREASINGLY slower as the season went on last year. They are flushing money down the drain and people saying Roseman is some miracle maker.

That team is on the brink of not making the play offs this year. Hurts without Kelce moving piles 3 yards is going to look a lot different. He clearly clearly regressed last year, as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, warrior9 said:

Lol yeah, the early comments in this thread saying great signing are soooo out of touch. This isn't rookie Saquon. He hasnt been the same since. He's always injured he looked INCREASINGLY slower as the season went on last year. They are flushing money down the drain and people saying Roseman is some miracle maker.

That team is on the brink of not making the play offs this year. Hurts without Kelce moving piles 3 yards is going to look a lot different. He clearly clearly regressed last year, as well. 

Yeah, the bigger problem for them is Hurts potentially being figured out.  A AJ Brown reportedly being a cancer doesn’t help. On top of the other stuff.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah, the bigger problem for them is Hurts potentially being figured out.  A AJ Brown reportedly being a cancer doesn’t help. On top of the other stuff.

Sirianni is awful as well. 

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

SF 49ers OL >>>>>> NY Giants OL

Brock Purdy >>>>>> Any NY Giants QB that started last year

Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle >>>>>> Hodgins, Waller, I don't even know a 3rd guy they had

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes because the Giants offense is as good as the 49ers. Let's talk after this season that Barkley is about to have

There are many contenders for TBD's quibbling champion.  You're making your case right now...best of luck!