Bills Re-Sign Quinten Morris

Only a couple days into the legitimate off-season but it’s rough when you get an alert saying “Buffalo have re-signed a playmaker who’s caught 2 TDs over the past two seasons” 🫠

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

QB, LB & TE room are done.

For the most part.  I could see them burning one of those late day 3 picks on either.  Main contributors for each position are on the roster. 

11 hours ago, Westside said:

Have you been watching the team the last two years? We lost our entire DB field AND LB’s! There’s a pattern developing. Knox has a history of injuries and with the expected increase in production equals more opportunities for Kincaid to get injured. The thought of Morris having to start is scary, way too short and limited physically because of that. 
Besides, it’s just my opinion. I’m not saying it will happen. I’d rather invest in a later round TE in the draft. Maybe Morris is a great special teams player, I don’t know, though I’ve never noticed him before there.

Morris is not breaking the bank. When we get to training camp, who's to say we won't have another Tight End in camp?
Then let them play it out and we'll see who's left after the cuts.

Morris also knows the team which helps. Just wait and see.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Westside said:

Have you been watching the team the last two years? We lost our entire DB field AND LB’s! There’s a pattern developing. Knox has a history of injuries and with the expected increase in production equals more opportunities for Kincaid to get injured. The thought of Morris having to start is scary, way too short and limited physically because of that. 
Besides, it’s just my opinion. I’m not saying it will happen. I’d rather invest in a later round TE in the draft. Maybe Morris is a great special teams player, I don’t know, though I’ve never noticed him before there.

I think perhaps people have unrealistic expectations for a TE3.

Morris is about as good as a TE3 can be, especially considering he plays behind a recent 1st round pick and a guy on a big contract. The level of athleticism, pass catching ability, and blocking Morris provides relative to the peanuts he's getting paid made this re-signing a no-brainer, in my opinion.

On a team with lots of roster depth needs, TE wasn't on mine. No need to change that by refusing to retain a reasonably talented player who already knows our offense.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I think perhaps people have unrealistic expectations for a TE3.

Morris is about as good as a TE3 can be, especially considering he plays behind a recent 1st round pick and a guy on a big contract. The level of athleticism, pass catching ability, and blocking Morris provides relative to the peanuts he's getting paid made this re-signing a no-brainer, in my opinion.

On a team with lots of roster depth needs, TE wasn't on mine. No need to change that by refusing to retain a reasonably talented player who already knows our offense.

I was just thinking a later round player would be a good 3rd option. I have nothing against Morris, I just haven’t seen anything about him that stands out. A competition him and a later round rookie would be good.