Bills resigning Rapp

Process

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

They should bring in another FA …. It’s a buyers market at Safety so get a guaranteed starter at one position. …  That might mean paying a guy $4-5m a year .

Draft a guy rounds 3-5 and see if they beat out Rapp… if not in 2024 then maybe 2025 ..take another guy late to battle it out with Hamlin for the last spot ..

Always thought Safety should be the least of their problems really …

Safety is an afterthought in Defenses right now. I wouldn't even contact anyone until after the Draft. Let the market keep dropping on them. 

And why beat out Rapp? If he can eliminate the bonehead play trying to knock someone out, he is good enough.

• Disagree 1

18 hours ago, Blank Stare said:

I agree he was off to a rough start when he was asked to play Hyde’s FS role alongside Poyer. The Bills used to always say Hyde and Poyer were interchangeable, and that’s true from a disguise perspective, but that’s somewhat of a misnomer from a player type perspective. Rapp and Poyer on the field together are like two Poyers out there.  Assuming they don’t get anyone else to man that spot, I expect he’ll play in Poyer’s role which he’s better suited for. Not saying he’s an All-Pro and there won’t be a drop off from peak Poyer, but he played better toward the end of the season in a three safety look with Hyde in his usual FS role, Rapp in Poyer’s SS role, and dropping Poyer down to LB. 

Time will ultimately tell, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt with DBs. They’ve earned that. 

I don't think Rapp is anywhere near Poyer in terms of play. Poyer is controlled aggression and Rapp is wild. I think he has one good series but I don't have high hopes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Could have gotten a much better player for that money imo. Another 'let's stick with the below average guy we know' instead of getting better. Too many of these middling contracts go to below average players and it adds up to less money for elite talent....this is not in any way a win for the Bills.   Why they needed to lock him up before free agency starts is beyond my understanding. Mark my words, much better safeties will play next season for equal or less money.