Who hates the Pats more than the Fins?

I have to admit, I do. If the Patriots were just dominant, you could accept their wins. But they are not. All the breaks seem to go their way and it's as if they get a free pass from God.

The Fins at this point are just sad. I will get a lot more joy out of beating the Pats than I will when we beat Miami.

I have to admit, I do.  If the Patriots were just dominant, you could accept their wins.  But they are not.  All the breaks seem to go their way and it's as if they get a free pass from God.

The Fins at this point are just sad.  I will get a lot more joy out of beating the Pats than I will when we beat Miami.

26694[/snapback]

Count me in on that.

I have to admit, I do.  If the Patriots were just dominant, you could accept their wins.  But they are not.  All the breaks seem to go their way and it's as if they get a free pass from God.

The Fins at this point are just sad.  I will get a lot more joy out of beating the Pats than I will when we beat Miami.

26694[/snapback]

I can feel for you, man, but the truth is that the Pats ARE dominant. They win. As much as I think they get lucky sometimes, the fact is that they put themselves in a position so that a few good bounces would help them win. Other teams get good bounces, as well, however since they aren't in a position to win, it doesn't matter.

The exeption to this is the playoff game against Indy last year, in which I feel the Pats were given the advantage by the refs, and the tuck rule game. However, You just can't argue with their record.

I hate the pats, but luck only gets you so far. They're good.

Old line, but it's so SO true:

There are only 2 football teams I cheer for:

the Bills and

whoever is playing Miami.

This is OLD-SCHOOL Bills football. :(

Obviously I want to do better than the Pats,

I don't particularly like them, but I don't hate them...

I can respect that they are a great team,

& hope that they just beat the living hell out of the Felons this year. :(

Impossible to hate a team any more than the fins but definitely dislike Brady more than fins qb. Seems like he has all day to throw the ball even though NE line has no big names. He reminds me of Marino - never gets smashed on a sack so he never misses a game. Madden talked about how tough he was the other night but I never saw him get hit. Hope Takeo knocks Brady so hard in early October that his wussy pretty boy gloves fly off. He wears gloves even when it is 60 degrees out. how annoying.

No team will match the hatred i have for the fins. I really cannot stand them. The jets, colts and pats i dislike because of the division rivalry, especially the pats now because they're successful and we're not (yet), but i hate the dolphins. If the bills won the next 10 super bowls and the dolphins went defeated till 2014, i'd still hate the dolphins with every ounce of energy in my body.

I can feel for you, man, but the truth is that the Pats ARE dominant. They win. As much as I think they get lucky sometimes, the fact is that they put themselves in a position so that a few good bounces would help them win. Other teams get good bounces, as well, however since they aren't in a position to win, it doesn't matter.

The exeption to this is the playoff game against Indy last year, in which I feel the Pats were given the advantage by the refs, and the tuck rule game. However, You just can't argue with their record.

I hate the pats, but luck only gets you so far. They're good.

26712[/snapback]

I have to disagree with calling the Pats dominant. Dominant teams win games without having to get lucky breaks or calls from the refs. They just come into games and whoop up on whoever they are playing and can usually play their scrubs late in the game. The Pats usually have to scratch and claw to win a majority of their games. They did dominate us once last year and I think they blew one other team out that I can remember.

In todays salary cap NFL, it is much harder for any team to become just plain dominant.

With that being said, I hate both the Phins and the Pats, but when they play each other I pull for the Phins because the Pats are the SB champs and I want to see them lose as many games as possible.

The Pats cannot be usurped by the hated FISH in my book.  The Pats have been aggravating at times for the last 3 years but that's it. It would take over a decade of dominance by them to even start to rile me up as much as the FISH do.

26777[/snapback]

Exactly! Why does this fuggin' thread seem to come up ad nauseum??! There are people who say the Putz but when a poll is posted, overwhelmingly it always comes up the dulfelons.

The Putz are having their moment in the sun. It's their "window"...eventually that will change. If the 'felons were having this same run it would be a billion times more unbearable. Sorry, no contest...festering fish in a landslide!!!!!

I have to disagree with calling the Pats dominant.  Dominant teams win games without having to get lucky breaks or calls from the refs.  They just come into games and whoop up on whoever they are playing and can usually play their scrubs late in the game.  The Pats usually have to scratch and claw to win a majority of their games.  They did dominate us once last year and I think they blew one other team out that I can remember.

In todays salary cap NFL, it is much harder for any team to become just plain dominant. 

With that being said, I hate both the Phins and the Pats, but when they play each other I pull for the Phins because the Pats are the SB champs and I want to see them lose as many games as possible.

26818[/snapback]

This isn't college football, this is the modern day NFL where just about all the games are close. The Pats don't get "lucky", I hate the Pats but g'damn I'm tired of hearing that. They win close tough games on a consistant basis...you can't do that with luck. They know how the win, they don't crumble when games are close at the end, they methotically keep doing their thing and inevitabley the other team makes mistakes. That's smart, good football, not "luck".

I don't understand wanting to dismiss what the Pats have done, if they're just a "lucky" team then what satisfaction will we get from beating them? I'd prefer to think of them as a great team and when we beat them we'll have accomplished something.

This isn't college football, this is the modern day NFL where just about all the games are close.  The Pats don't get "lucky", I hate the Pats but g'damn I'm tired of hearing that.  They win close tough games on a consistant basis...you can't do that with luck.  They know how the win, they don't crumble when games are close at the end, they methotically keep doing their thing and inevitabley the other team makes mistakes.  That's smart, good football, not "luck".

I don't understand wanting to dismiss what the Pats have done, if they're just a "lucky" team then what satisfaction will we get from beating them?  I'd prefer to think of them as a great team and when we beat them we'll have accomplished something.

27240[/snapback]

I think you totally misunderstood my point. I said dominant teams DON'T have to get lucky and never said the Pats were lucky. I am saying that the Pats win most every game by close scores. If they were so dominant, they would blow people out of the stadium, but they don't. They are a good team and know how to win, but dominant, I don' think so.

Firstly, let me say, I love the Buffalo Bills, umm...almost more than anything I can think of. Yet, I can't say that I hate the Patriots. People who argue that they are more lucky than good are just being silly. Living in Texas (Cowboy country) I heard the same crap about the Levy-era Super Bowl teams.

Living away from Buffalo, where Bills coverage, or respect, is hard to come by, you start to appreciate the game a lot more. The Patriots, love them or hate them, dominant or lucky, have been involved in more entertaining football games than most any other team over the last three years. And, however they did it, they have won a hell of a lot more than they lost. I have much respect for the Patriots, and I am glad they are in our division. For the Bills, Jets or Dolphins to compete with them, they are going to be damn good. I look forward to the Bills being damn good again, and chasing the Patriots WILL get us there.

That being said, I still, and will always, hate the Dolphins and Philadelphia Flyers more than any other sports franchises. The rest are not even close.