Mike Evans to hit free agency (UPDATE: Re-signed by TB)

• HappyDays changed the title to Mike Evans to hit free agency (UPDATE: Re-signed by TB)
5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

THANK YOU TAMPA BAY!!!

I had already prepared myself for him as a Chief 

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Disaster averted 

This isn't a good thing for us, all things considered. True, Evans going to the Chiefs would have sucked.

But he could have easily went to one of the other 7 teams listed. And now that makes Higgins Franchised, Pittman Franchised, and Evans re-signed.

The top 3 WR's in the FA market stayed put. And with that, now 3 teams that could have signed them and in turn would look elsewhere in Round 1 could now be looking at WR in Round 1.

Evans staying put (in conjunction with the others) can make it harder for us to land the WR we want in Round 1.

• Disagree 2

20 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This isn't a good thing for us, all things considered. True, Evans going to the Chiefs would have sucked.

But he could have easily went to one of the other 7 teams listed. And now that makes Higgins Franchised, Pittman Franchised, and Evans re-signed.

The top 3 WR's in the FA market stayed put. And with that, now 3 teams that could have signed them and in turn would look elsewhere in Round 1 could now be looking at WR in Round 1.

Evans staying put (in conjunction with the others) can make it harder for us to land the WR we want in Round 1.

That doesn't really make sense.  Had Evans left, TB could have taken a WR.  Had Higgins left, Cincy could have drafted his replacement.  Etc etc.  All of these WR's were gonna be on someones roster leaving another team still needing a WR.  So, its not creating a new WR needy team as there was always going to be the same WR needy team whether it was the team losing the WR or the team trying to sign the WR, only 1 team gets him leaving the other still needing a WR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

i respectfully disagree.

Evans is a proven talent beyond any rookie that a team could draft. Of the half dozen potential first round talents only 1 or 2 will have a 10+ year career. All 3 WR's staying put means that teams hungry for a WR must gamble on a WR which helps us.

While we need a WR we can easily take another BPA and probably be just fine because we have several positional needs. So, if these teams gobble up a lot of WR it just means another player at another position is going to be there for us and likely an impact player.

All of this makes me wonder about Gabe Davis. Does his price go up with less demand or is his price pretty much fixed due to talent ceiling?

If I am the Bills I take a breathe and give him a reasonable offer and tell him the choice is up to him... or just wait until the FA opens, wait until day 2 and say "here, if you want it." But i'd not negotiate much.