McDermott says a Lombardi is "not a matter of if, just a matter of when"

Ray Stonada

On 2/26/2024 at 8:06 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen has had weapons. Let’s not act like he hasn’t. The offense has been one of the best.

People act like they are one of the worst.

They have a hole at WR. They will fill it with a talented WR. 

I'm a HUGE JA17 fan. He is THE main reason the Bills can remain hyper competitive, even with the current salary cap woes. But  I agree with you. This last season, he had a very good OL, a running game, little injuries on the O side, etc. Diggs was, for sure, a #1 WR. Just look at the stats! He did falter in the 2nd half of the season, and Davis was on and off. But Kincaid came up.

Perfect? Of course not! Far from it. But let's look at the damn Chiefs. They had a great OL, a much improved defense... but don't tell me their WR core was spectacular! Yet they won again.

Any improvement is welcomed, but no team has a perfect roster. Fans focus on all the woes. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Saying something and actually acting on it are 2 different things.

McDermott is not going to fire himself. He has made coaching changes including taking over play calling this season in an attempt to get team over the hump. End of the day it will come down to Pegula deciding whether he thinks McDermott can lead team to a championship or not. We just have to hope that they don't waste Allen's prime playing years figuring things out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

McDermott is not going to fire himself. He has made coaching changes including taking over play calling this season in an attempt to get team over the hump. End of the day it will come down to Pegula deciding whether he thinks McDermott can lead team to a championship or not. We just have to hope that they don't waste Allen's prime playing years figuring things out.

If I had the choice, I think I'd opt to fire myself rather than resign. 

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If I am getting paid millions to do a job. They are going to need to carry me out kicking and screaming.

It’s not as fun as it sounds. You want to warm up first. 

47 minutes ago, Capco said:

If I had the choice, I think I'd opt to fire myself rather than resign. 

Remember to give yourself a nice little package to soften the blow that way.   😋

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.