Wedding party gift ideas

This past weekend, I got a Bills flask engraved with my name.

Funny thing, it turns out that I got the same exact flask a few months ago, so now, when I finish both off at a game, I'll have a friendly reminder as to who I am.

anyone have any gift ideas for the groom side of the wedding party? ideally something that's not too generic?

357979[/snapback]

I bought each of the guys in my wedding party a Leatherman multi-tool. It has wire cutters, pliers, screwdrivers, knives, etc. built into it. Kind of like a Swiss Army knife on steroids.

I've been in 4 weddings. Here's what I received:

(1) Glass Beer Stein with my name engraved in pewter with the date.

(2) Cutco Pocket Knife for Key Chain with Name/Date Engraved.

(3) Money Clip with engraved initials.

(4) Leather travel bag (for toiletries), stenciled initials.

These are all really nice. I use the knife everyday, and that dude's 10th anniversary is in August. The beer stein doesn't see much use (maybe because the marriage only lasted 18 months?). I lost the money clip, and I'm still sick about it. The travel bag was a nice departure from the norm. It's really high quality and not something that young guys would buy for themselves.

anyone have any gift ideas for the groom side of the wedding party? ideally something that's not too generic?

357979[/snapback]

Instead of buying the same gift for everyone, buy individual gifts targeted to their interests. For example, my brother was my best man. He enjoys Asian art and working with wood. I found an Asian fan made of wood, which had intricate scrollwork on each of the blades with a woodburning of an Asian scene on one side. He absolutely loved it.

Targeting the gift to the person will have a lasting impression on them. Our wedding party is STILL talking about the gifts we gave them, namely the fact that we personalized the gifts for each of them.

I've been in a few weddings, and the coolest gift i got for being a groomsman was a beautiful glass beer mug with an etched buffalo. Its amazing, and come to think od it, it looks kinda like the old bills logo...

I just bought gifts for my guys this past weekend. I got 'em poker sets which came with chips and cards in a metal suit case type of thing.

Just about everything listed in this thread is available at Things Remembered. Man do they have the corner on this market.

Instead of buying the same gift for everyone, buy individual gifts targeted to their interests. For example, my brother was my best man. He enjoys Asian art and working with wood. I found an Asian fan made of wood, which had intricate scrollwork on each of the blades with a woodburning of an Asian scene on one side. He absolutely loved it.

Targeting the gift to the person will have a lasting impression on them. Our wedding party is STILL talking about the gifts we gave them, namely the fact that we personalized the gifts for each of them.

358068[/snapback]

Exactly. You can't really generalize, you need to make it more personal IMHO.

We bought my brother-in-law and his wife a nice wine rack (because they love having wine in the house but had nowhere to really store it properly).

We bought my sister a trip out to Minnesota to visit us for a couple of weeks in the summer (she stayed at our place, so it was really just the roundtrip airline ticket).

We bought the maid of honor her dress instead of a gift, because she said that's what she'd prefer. (whatever...)

We bought my best-man and one of the other groomsmen each a Palm Pilot that they still use today.

CW

For my wedding, i cut out a disk from cardboard. On that disk, i placed a tall beer mug with an engraved buffalo on it. Inside the mug, i placed a cigar, cigar cutter, torch, and some tissue paper to make it pretty. Then, surrounding the mug, i put 6 of each of their favorite beers. I then wrapped the thing up in cellophane and tied it up at the top.

For my wedding, i cut out a disk from cardboard.  On that disk, i placed a tall beer mug with an engraved buffalo on it.  Inside the mug, i placed a cigar, cigar cutter, torch, and some tissue paper to make it pretty.  Then, surrounding the mug, i put 6 of each of their favorite beers.  I then wrapped the thing up in cellophane and tied it up at the top.

358285[/snapback]

That sounds very, very pretty.

:doh: