Off-Season Hot Take: Mid Season Struggles And The #1 Seed

Bills!Win!

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He wasn't as good as Da'Quan but still better than what was behind him.

Vernon Butler? Possibly …  I don’t even think Star was injured in 2020 .. but opted out due to Covid just before preseason games…so it made it difficult to replace him

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Vernon Butler? Possibly …  I don’t even think Star was injured in 2020 .. but opted out due to Covid just before preseason games…so it made it difficult to replace him

Either way Butler was miscast as a NT as he had size yes but not a guy I'd want holding the line to free up LBs. Much like Jordan Phillips.

• Like (+1) 1

There's been only one constant over the past 7 seasons during which we've been completely unable to advance beyond the Divisional Round, then only once while losing the following week despite putting up equal to or more points than any other team in the playoffs that season.  

Given that it's been a pattern, it might be wise to look for a common denominator.  

Then again, maybe not.  Probably just blind bad luck.  :) 

16 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

They lost at home in the playoffs the past two seasons. Having the 1 seed is not the answer at all. 

Having the #1 seed is important since they wouldn't have to play WC weekend. You get that extra week off to get players healthy. Every team is dealing with injuries at that time of year having gone through playing an entire season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.