Pete Lembo new HC of Buffalo Bulls

The Jokeman

• The Jokeman changed the title to Pete Lembo new HC of Buffalo Bulls
2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

https://www.si.com/college/southcarolina/football/south-carolinas-football-program-set-to-lose-pete-lembo-to-the-buffalo-bulls

He wasn't great in the Mac previously but he feels better than Linguist from an overall coaching stand point.

30 minutes ago, noacls said:

10 and 9 win seasons in MAC. 

Was hoping for Vince Kehres from Toledo previously Mt. Union. 

A MAC experienced coach with modest success. Modest success for UB would feel great right now. At least this hire came quickly. If you recall when UB hired a new men's basketball coach the process went weeks with Twitter reports of top candidates refusing to even interview.

• Agree 2

Pete Lembo is a good hire for the Buffalo Bulls football team. UB Bulls football actually has some hope now more than UB ever had with Maurice Linquist who was the most clueless head coach UB has had since Jim Ward in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

Massive upgrade to Mo.  One thing that I think is massively overrated in the MAC is recruiting.  Player development and X/Os in game are much more important.  After a certain point, the skill sets are all similar amongst the kids the MAC teams are targeting.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Massive upgrade to Mo.  One thing that I think is massively overrated in the MAC is recruiting.  Player development and X/Os in game are much more important.  After a certain point, the skill sets are all similar amongst the kids the MAC teams are targeting.

Yup. You grow your own in the MAC.

Lembo presser from today.

Major upgrade for the Buffalo Bulls. If you can win a Buffalo press conference Pete Lembo won the UB Bulls press conference. Everything he said sounded good a major improvement over Maurice Linquist. One word of caution through about my judgment with coaches Pete Lembo is from my generation. I am three years older than Pete Lembo so of course he is going to appeal to me over the younger Maurice Linquist. I never saw what the big deal was about Maurice Linquist other than being young in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm sure Bulls fans will eventually get fed up with "just going to bowls." (Look at Bills fans!) But right now that would be just dandy with me.

Wrong as a Buffalo Bulls fan the Buffalo Bills incompetence drove me towards UB Bulls football way before Terry Pegula and the Bills Mafia fools came on the scene. UB Bulls football is like the Buffalo Bisons and Buffalo Bandits a success because of the economics are what Western New York can compete against today. We didn’t need Maurice Linquist he was an idiot who drove the program into the ground. There isn’t much difference between Maurice Linquist and Sean McDermott. At least Maurice Linquist won UB Bulls one bowl game as incompetent as he was as a head coach. What did Sean McDermott incompetence win? Sean McDermott should have been fired after .13 seconds. The Buffalo Bills can build whatever they want stadium wise and the reality is until Western New York improves economically we aren’t winning a Super Bowl or a Stanley Cup today. Too many Bills and Sabres fans just don’t understand how that works economically you big or you go home in major league sports. As a Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres fan I made peace with that decades ago when all the population and industry moved out of Western New York. Western New York biggest problem was bending over for New York City guidance when it came to economic development and decisions. Once the population left and the Canadian businesses left like Loblaws and Swiss Chalet places like that left Western New York, Buffalo was a mess we lost our autonomy and freedom economically. Western New York leaders are still nuts today talking about improving Western New York on channel 2 television last week. I thought where did that idiot come from talking about joining up with Syracuse and Rochester who cares they are as broke as Buffalo that accomplishes very little. We need to forget New York State and create better relationships with Southern Ontario like our forefathers. When Western New York let New York State in the hen house economically with every major decision on business and development it was all downhill economically. The nerve that Western New York has to get permission from New York City/Albany to make our Western New York area economically viable is the definition of insanity.

UB Bulls will continue to go to bowls and win because Western New York can compete economically with Akron and Toledo of the MAC. Pete Lembo is one smart cookie he will be very successful here at UB. He sees the building going on with UB football that performance center privately built for $7 1/2 million dollars is going to be used as a recruiting tool in the MAC. We don’t have to out recruit SEC or Big Ten Conference schools we are a MAC team. Too many Buffalonians are clueless they think cutting corners and being satisfied with a half built new stadium is taking the Bills to the Super Bowl. It isn’t that stadium screams Buffalo doesn’t belong in the NFL anymore if they can’t even afford to build a state of the art stadium without going all home town cheap discount. That stadium should have been built in the city of Buffalo for economic reasons especially Toronto/Southern Ontario fans. PSE has been real secretive about what is going to be in that new stadium because the Bills don’t even know. The Bills goal is just build anything and have Bills Mafia fools show up regardless of winning which is sad. UB Bulls have no such problems they win bowl games they don’t choke like the Bills. I am content with all UB Bulls MAC bowls 3 wins and counting. 5 Buffalo Bandits championships. The Buffalo Bisons are the class of Western New York sports franchises they have like 14 or 15 championships since 1877, 3 championships on my watch alone. It’s different when you win nobody can take that from you as a Buffalo fan. Unless you go back to the Buffalo Bills AFL football days or Buffalo Bisons AHL hockey days as a Buffalo fan you don’t know what that is like. Present day Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres fans have seen nothing that isn’t the same as UB Bulls football, the Bisons baseball or Bandits lacrosse. I have followed both the Bills and Sabres for 49 years and counting there both horribly run organizations that can’t find there fanny with either hand. Regardless of the owner it makes no difference because both Ralph Wilson and Terry Pegula are cheap and are incompetent running a championship level sports franchise. UB Bulls football doesn’t have to deal with that nonsense of cheapness and begging New York City/Albany for money to exist it’s embarrassing. So it’s apples and oranges UB Bulls football does things privately with the UB donors. I proud New York State wants no part of big time college athletics it means UB Bulls are on the right path of winning championships. As a UB Bulls fan I am not held hostage by horrible cheap ownership, bad management and begging New York State like Bills and Sabres fans so there is a huge difference night and day in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 12:28 AM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Wrong as a Buffalo Bulls fan the Buffalo Bills incompetence drove me towards UB Bulls football way before Terry Pegula and the Bills Mafia fools came on the scene. UB Bulls football is like the Buffalo Bisons and Buffalo Bandits a success because of the economics are what Western New York can compete against today. We didn’t need Maurice Linquist he was an idiot who drove the program into the ground. There isn’t much difference between Maurice Linquist and Sean McDermott. At least Maurice Linquist won UB Bulls one bowl game as incompetent as he was as a head coach. What did Sean McDermott incompetence win? Sean McDermott should have been fired after .13 seconds. The Buffalo Bills can build whatever they want stadium wise and the reality is until Western New York improves economically we aren’t winning a Super Bowl or a Stanley Cup today. Too many Bills and Sabres fans just don’t understand how that works economically you big or you go home in major league sports. As a Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres fan I made peace with that decades ago when all the population and industry moved out of Western New York. Western New York biggest problem was bending over for New York City guidance when it came to economic development and decisions. Once the population left and the Canadian businesses left like Loblaws and Swiss Chalet places like that left Western New York, Buffalo was a mess we lost our autonomy and freedom economically. Western New York leaders are still nuts today talking about improving Western New York on channel 2 television last week. I thought where did that idiot come from talking about joining up with Syracuse and Rochester who cares they are as broke as Buffalo that accomplishes very little. We need to forget New York State and create better relationships with Southern Ontario like our forefathers. When Western New York let New York State in the hen house economically with every major decision on business and development it was all downhill economically. The nerve that Western New York has to get permission from New York City/Albany to make our Western New York area economically viable is the definition of insanity.

UB Bulls will continue to go to bowls and win because Western New York can compete economically with Akron and Toledo of the MAC. Pete Lembo is one smart cookie he will be very successful here at UB. He sees the building going on with UB football that performance center privately built for $7 1/2 million dollars is going to be used as a recruiting tool in the MAC. We don’t have to out recruit SEC or Big Ten Conference schools we are a MAC team. Too many Buffalonians are clueless they think cutting corners and being satisfied with a half built new stadium is taking the Bills to the Super Bowl. It isn’t that stadium screams Buffalo doesn’t belong in the NFL anymore if they can’t even afford to build a state of the art stadium without going all home town cheap discount. That stadium should have been built in the city of Buffalo for economic reasons especially Toronto/Southern Ontario fans. PSE has been real secretive about what is going to be in that new stadium because the Bills don’t even know. The Bills goal is just build anything and have Bills Mafia fools show up regardless of winning which is sad. UB Bulls have no such problems they win bowl games they don’t choke like the Bills. I am content with all UB Bulls MAC bowls 3 wins and counting. 5 Buffalo Bandits championships. The Buffalo Bisons are the class of Western New York sports franchises they have like 14 or 15 championships since 1877, 3 championships on my watch alone. It’s different when you win nobody can take that from you as a Buffalo fan. Unless you go back to the Buffalo Bills AFL football days or Buffalo Bisons AHL hockey days as a Buffalo fan you don’t know what that is like. Present day Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres fans have seen nothing that isn’t the same as UB Bulls football, the Bisons baseball or Bandits lacrosse. I have followed both the Bills and Sabres for 49 years and counting there both horribly run organizations that can’t find there fanny with either hand. Regardless of the owner it makes no difference because both Ralph Wilson and Terry Pegula are cheap and are incompetent running a championship level sports franchise. UB Bulls football doesn’t have to deal with that nonsense of cheapness and begging New York City/Albany for money to exist it’s embarrassing. So it’s apples and oranges UB Bulls football does things privately with the UB donors. I proud New York State wants no part of big time college athletics it means UB Bulls are on the right path of winning championships. As a UB Bulls fan I am not held hostage by horrible cheap ownership, bad management and begging New York State like Bills and Sabres fans so there is a huge difference night and day in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I fell asleep during your post.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

• 1 month later...