Best Players to not win an MVP

Wizard

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lamar is MVP based on what stats besides W-L record? They should just change the name of the MVP to "QB on the best team" award

Considering the words MOST VALUABLE, a QB has to lead his team to victories in order to be considered.  No sub .500 team's QB will ever win MVP because obviously, if he was most valuable, they would have won more games.   Think of the Ravens without Lamar Jackson or the Bills without Josh, neither of those teams would be playing this weekend without their guy.  You have to be a difference maker-lead your team to wins they wouldn't without you-to be considered MVP.  Lamar fits that requirement in Baltimore and since they won the most games, and he had a much lower turnover rate than his competition, he'll win MVP.   

Too bad you don't like the reality of MVP voting, but there's nothing complaining about it on a message board will do to change it.  The writers give huge consideration to victories in MVP voting & don't care if you don't.  

2 hours ago, billsfanfrom83 said:

So how many games must a qb win to be considered for the HOF the only games they care about is superbowl wins and not even that really matters no qb has been denied entry bc they had HOF stats but didn't win enough if that was the case Kelly wouldn't be in at 0-4 in superbowls 

Show me a QB who had a losing record who didn't win a championship who is in the HOF.   I can't think of any recent ones, and the only QB I can think of off the top of my head who lost more than he won is Joe Namath, who won what might be the most significant Super Bowl of all time.  

29 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Show me a QB who had a losing record who didn't win a championship who is in the HOF.   I can't think of any recent ones, and the only QB I can think of off the top of my head who lost more than he won is Joe Namath, who won what might be the most significant Super Bowl of all time.  

If he has a losing record it goes with out saying he didn't win a championship all I was saying that a qb doesn't need a certain amounts of wins to be in the HOF  there are alot more things to decide on a qb getting in than just how many games he won the winning records are more important for coaches to get in 

40 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Considering the words MOST VALUABLE, a QB has to lead his team to victories in order to be considered.  No sub .500 team's QB will ever win MVP because obviously, if he was most valuable, they would have won more games.   Think of the Ravens without Lamar Jackson or the Bills without Josh, neither of those teams would be playing this weekend without their guy.  You have to be a difference maker-lead your team to wins they wouldn't without you-to be considered MVP.  Lamar fits that requirement in Baltimore and since they won the most games, and he had a much lower turnover rate than his competition, he'll win MVP.   

Too bad you don't like the reality of MVP voting, but there's nothing complaining about it on a message board will do to change it.  The writers give huge consideration to victories in MVP voting & don't care if you don't.  

The Ravens didn't have Lamar and Huntley did really well actually and made the Pro Bowl. I would say the Ravens would still be in the playoffs with any other top 20 QB.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I understand that, I just personally feel it should be a full season award. Not a regular season award.  If you want to see a complete configuration of a player,  include tougher playoff games. 

The complete configuration of a player will bare itself out if that player gets season MVP, then SB MVP other some other award.

I know the results almost never happen this way, but a player could theoretically get season MVP and his team barely misses the playoffs. Or his team loses in the first round. All players get to be included in the MVP consideration. For that reason, you can't put any weight on the playoffs because not everyone gets there.

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

The Ravens didn't have Lamar and Huntley did really well actually and made the Pro Bowl. I would say the Ravens would still be in the playoffs with any other top 20 QB.

Pro Bowl 🤪

They lost 3 of their last 4 games with Jackson out & the one playoff game. 1-4 last 5 without Jackson. 

Give it up, you're embarrassing yourself.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Pro Bowl 🤪

They lost 3 of their last 4 games with Jackson out & the one playoff game. 1-4 last 5 without Jackson. 

Give it up, you're embarrassing yourself.   

You are embarrassing yourself posting on a football forum trying to show up other people telling them they are embarrassing themselves lol 😂

We can have honest discussions without personal attacks right?

My point is Lamar isn't the most valuable player in all of football if his team can make the playoffs without him and his backup can make the pro bowl. It's a reasonable take. I don't think Purdy is the most valuable player on his own offense let alone the league and he could be interchangeable with about 20 other guys and SF would still be the best NFC team. Those are my opinions.

On 1/15/2024 at 7:59 PM, RiotAct said:

Rice or Moss never won it?  That’s pretty insane

Rice is very crazy, Moss is more understandable as most of his prime was spent in the 2000’s when the MVP award was morphing into the best QB award.

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

You are embarrassing yourself posting on a football forum trying to show up other people telling them they are embarrassing themselves lol 😂

We can have honest discussions without personal attacks right?

My point is Lamar isn't the most valuable player in all of football if his team can make the playoffs without him and his backup can make the pro bowl. It's a reasonable take. I don't think Purdy is the most valuable player on his own offense let alone the league and he could be interchangeable with about 20 other guys and SF would still be the best NFC team. Those are my opinions.

It wasn't a personal attack, I was trying to help you stop embarrassing yourself, but you won't listen.  Please stop with the ridiculous Pro Bowl nonsense.  Nobody took Huntley's Pro Bowl appearance last year as a serious indication of his ability as one of the best QBs in the league.  He was a replacement when others dropped out.  The Pro Bowl selection is considered a joke with all the dropouts.  Without Lamar there is no way Baltimore wins 13 games & is the #1 seed.  Just making the playoffs vs #1 seed is a big difference.  Purdy isn't going to be MVP & you're right that he could be replaced, but Purdy & SF has nothing to do with Lamar & the Ravens.  

You might not think Lamar is MVP, but you know who does?  The voters.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Here's a list of guys who won Coach of The Year the past 15 years:

- Brian Daboll

- Mike Vrabel

- Matt Nagy

- Jason Garrett

- Ron Rivera 

- Ron Rivera (again)

- Marvin Lewis

- Mike Smith

Swear to god. Look it up.

All of these awards are a joke.

It's usually a popularity contest for who is the flashiest... so, Josh will win one. Plenty of time.

13 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It wasn't a personal attack, I was trying to help you stop embarrassing yourself, but you won't listen.  Please stop with the ridiculous Pro Bowl nonsense.  Nobody took Huntley's Pro Bowl appearance last year as a serious indication of his ability as one of the best QBs in the league.  He was a replacement when others dropped out.  The Pro Bowl selection is considered a joke with all the dropouts.  Without Lamar there is no way Baltimore wins 13 games & is the #1 seed.  Just making the playoffs vs #1 seed is a big difference.  Purdy isn't going to be MVP & you're right that he could be replaced, but Purdy & SF has nothing to do with Lamar & the Ravens.  

You might not think Lamar is MVP, but you know who does?  The voters.  

The pro bowl indicates that Huntley played at a high enough level to be considered good, not that he's the best of the best or starting QB material even. The point was he was able to fill in well enough that everyone was like wow look what basically any fill in the blank mobile QB can do on the Ravens. No team is going to lose their starting QB and still be #1 but it says something that even with a backup QB the Ravens were good enough to make the playoffs. So how amazing is Lamar as an MVP if he only gets his team a few more wins? They are good regardless. If someone is the MVP and he doesn't play their team should be instantly terrible. Plus show me the stats that says Lamar is a good QB. I've never seen them. How many passing yards does he have? TD's? I don't get it

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Here's a list of guys who won Coach of The Year the past 15 years:

- Brian Daboll

- Mike Vrabel

- Matt Nagy

- Jason Garrett

- Ron Rivera 

- Ron Rivera (again)

- Marvin Lewis

- Mike Smith

Swear to god. Look it up.

All of these awards are a joke.

It's usually a popularity contest for who is the flashiest... so, Josh will win one. Plenty of time.

Unfortunately, coach of the year usually goes to someone who had a winning record with a team the pundits thought would suck.  Many times it's because of an easy schedule resulting from the prior year's failure.  A lot of time this year's coach of the year is next year's bum.  

I still can't believe that Daboll got it for 2022 over Shanahan, who won with a rookie Mr Irrelevant, going from 3rd in 2021 to 13 wins & the division in 2022.  .  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.