The next best sport to watch after football

Tolstoy

Too many rednecks.

356104[/snapback]

You get those suspender hooks sewed on to the front of your slacks yet? Or are you going to use the alligator clips?

(Making fun of seal clubbing rednecks...grumble grumble. Last time I let him use my compressed air powered kitten cannon)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get those suspender hooks sewed on to the front of your slacks yet? Or are you going to use the alligator clips?

(Making fun of seal clubbing rednecks...grumble grumble. Last time I let him use my compressed air powered kitten cannon)

356153[/snapback]

I was thinking oversized paisely buttons myself.

30 years ago........Ali vs Frazier?  Come on  :doh:

356158[/snapback]

I can recall a series of fights just as good as those: the 3 Ward vs Gatti fights. But then, they're not heavyweights, so most people don't know about them.

I can recall a series of fights just as good as those:  the 3 Ward vs Gatti fights.  But then, they're not heavyweights, so most people don't know about them.

356341[/snapback]

Therem have been plenty of fights of that caliber over the years but none of them have been in the heavyweight division. To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone has watched the heavyweights since Cooney-Holmes or Tyson/Spinks. BORING!

Tennis.

Baseball

Gymnastics

Aussie Rules football

355672[/snapback]

I have to totally agree with you on the Aussie Rules Football. I used to watch that as a kid (long time ago) and it was really cool to watch. They used to kick the sh-- out of each other.

Therem have been plenty of fights of that caliber over the years but none of them have been in the heavyweight division.  To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone has watched the heavyweights since Cooney-Holmes or Tyson/Spinks.  BORING!

356456[/snapback]

That's my point. Heavyweight boxing is awful, yet there's a ton of great fighters in the lighter weights that are worth watching. Winky Wright came out of nowhere to embarrass Sugar Shane Mosley TWICE and establish himself as one of the top fighters around, which he validated recently by kicking the crap out of Tito Trinidad.

Actually, Wright had been boxing for years and just didn't get the chance to showcase himself. Once he did, well, just ask Mosley and Trinidad how he did.

That's my point.  Heavyweight boxing is awful, yet there's a ton of great fighters in the lighter weights that are worth watching.  Winky Wright came out of nowhere to embarrass Sugar Shane Mosley TWICE and establish himself as one of the top fighters around, which he validated recently by kicking the crap out of Tito Trinidad. 

Actually, Wright had been boxing for years and just didn't get the chance to showcase himself.  Once he did, well, just ask Mosley and Trinidad how he did.

357273[/snapback]

It's kind of sad and has been one of the thing that's plagued the sport - plus alot of the top guys will duck a guy like Wright (UFC had the same problem for awhile) because it'll end their gravy train.

Heavyweight boxing sucks and has for 2 decades. Mike Tyson has ALWAYS been heinously overrated and it's funny that there are still people out there defending him based on smashing tomato cans into oblivion nearly a decade ago.