Long conversation between McD and Belichick

19 hours ago, mrags said:

I am a Bills fan and that is why I want to be rid of McDermott. I actually want them to have the highest level of success in this sport. Not just linger around the playoffs every year. Wasting away the greatest player the Bills have ever had, or will ever have. 

Well if they win this week end and get into the play offs AGAIN for the FORTH time IN A ROW 2 QUESTIONS .

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THEY DID THAT AND HOW MANY YEARS WAS IT IN BETWEEN THOSE 2 TIMES ??? 

You can't get to the Super Bowl unless your in the play offs !!! 

You can't help but wonder what he's thinking.  He does seem less intense at times this season.  He knows it's over in NE.  They're in full rebuild.  He could retire.  Does he want to go through the effort/challenge of building a new champion elsewhere?  Or is he happy with his legacy and ready to ride off into the sunset?

One way or another that looked like a "goodbye, thanks for the challenge"-type exchange.  Given his statement about Josh, I feel like he's got a soft spot for the Bills atm.  And I know, that seems odd to say.

If Bill goes anywhere, I think it will be with the Chargers. They already have the QB and their roster on paper is pretty good despite the record. He could probably turn it around there pretty quick. Carolina is in a full rebuild. With the Commanders they don't have a great QB plus you are in a division with the Cowboys and Eagles. Both teams are much better than them. I don't see him signing up for a long rebuild at his age. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

Well if they win this week end and get into the play offs AGAIN for the FORTH time IN A ROW 2 QUESTIONS .

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THEY DID THAT AND HOW MANY YEARS WAS IT IN BETWEEN THOSE 2 TIMES ??? 

You can't get to the Super Bowl unless your in the play offs !!! 

Great. He’s Marvin Lewis 

I don’t care how many times he makes it into the playoffs. If he’s going to coach like a pansy and go for FGs all the time because he coaches not to lose rather than to win games he’s going to cost us. Again, with the best QB we’ve ever had, or will ever have. 

put Allen on 90%+ teams in this league with anyone coaching and your likely to make the playoffs.

• Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

Great. He’s Marvin Lewis 

I don’t care how many times he makes it into the playoffs. If he’s going to coach like a pansy and go for FGs all the time because he coaches not to lose rather than to win games he’s going to cost us. Again, with the best QB we’ve ever had, or will ever have. 

put Allen on 90%+ teams in this league with anyone coaching and your likely to make the playoffs.

Just this week we got in a 4th and one around midfield and the “play call” was sent to try and draw NE Offside.  Allen visibly pouted and stomped his feet like a 4 year old in the cereal aisle denied Lucky Charms by his mommy.  Why would he do that?  We could always take. TO, take a moment and try for real.  The adult McDermott recognized Josh was not in the right mindset and the game was at risk of spinning in the wrong direction.  The adult won out over the 4 year old and we punted.  It was 1 billion  percent the right decision.  I’m not saying it won us the game but it might have.  With one of the imaginary genius coaches you desire, who knows?  Many of them are cocky morons like Staley or Payton.  Josh needs a level headed coach because Josh, while great, is an immature puppy dog too often.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

If Bill goes anywhere, I think it will be with the Chargers. They already have the QB and their roster on paper is pretty good despite the record. He could probably turn it around there pretty quick. Carolina is in a full rebuild. With the Commanders they don't have a great QB plus you are in a division with the Cowboys and Eagles. Both teams are much better than them. I don't see him signing up for a long rebuild at his age. 

TBH Commanders make more sense to me than the Chargers.  I think they’re in cap trouble…not sure….but I am sure their ownership sucks.  Washington has new ownership.  But…..Atlanta makes some sense to me too.  A lot of wasted talent and Arthur Smith has turned out to be an offensive “genius” who can’t figure out how to use Allgier, Pitts, Bijan or London.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Just this week we got in a 4th and one around midfield and the “play call” was sent to try and draw NE Offside.  Allen visibly pouted and stomped his feet like a 4 year old in the cereal aisle denied Lucky Charms by his mommy.  Why would he do that?  We could always take. TO, take a moment and try for real.  The adult McDermott recognized Josh was not in the right mindset and the game was at risk of spinning in the wrong direction.  The adult won out over the 4 year old and we punted.  It was 1 billion  percent the right decision.  I’m not saying it won us the game but it might have.  With one of the imaginary genius coaches you desire, who knows?  Many of them are cocky morons like Staley or Payton.  Josh needs a level headed coach because Josh, while great, is an immature puppy dog too often.

TBH Commanders make more sense to me than the Chargers.  I think they’re in cap trouble…not sure….but I am sure their ownership sucks.  Washington has new ownership.  But…..Atlanta makes some sense to me too.  A lot of wasted talent and Arthur Smith has turned out to be an offensive “genius” who can’t figure out how to use Allgier, Pitts, Bijan or London.

It’s literally like the first time ever Josh has looked anything like that in the field. Probably because he knows that his mega-ultra conservative coach keeps doing things to lose games. 

your opinion is fine. If you want to make it into the playoffs and get outcoached most games. 

I’ll say it again like I’ve always said it. McDermott is good enough to get you in the conversation. He’s not good enough to win the whole thing. Sure, with as many cracks near the top as he gets he’s probably gonna get lucky at least once. Specially with a HOF QB. The guy that’s going to score more TDs than any player in history not named Brady because he played for a quarter century. It’ll be a shame when it’s all over and Josh has one measly ring or less to show for it. All thanks to McDucky. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

It’s literally like the first time ever Josh has looked anything like that in the field

Until a few minutes later when he irrationally tried to stretch his arm 5 yards to get to a first down and fumbled.  He needs adult supervision,  McD is an adult.  Are there others?  Sure.  But I’ve noticed you never name them.  Just imaginary Super Bowl champion head coaches available everywhere.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Until a few minutes later when he irrationally tried to stretch his arm 5 yards to get to a first down and fumbled.  He needs adult supervision,  McD is an adult.  Are there others?  Sure.  But I’ve noticed you never name them.  Just imaginary Super Bowl champion head coaches available everywhere.  

Yeah because only well known coaches have ever won the SB. That is until a new guy comes out of nowhere and wins a SB. 

Hope I’m wrong. So far however we’ve never won one. And McD has proven to have been outcoached in games that matter when they matter most. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Yeah because only well known coaches have ever won the SB. That is until a new guy comes out of nowhere and wins a SB. 

Hope I’m wrong. So far however we’ve never won one. And McD has proven to have been outcoached in games that matter when they matter most. 

No names huh?  Not even one?  Just magical imaginary people so no comparisons can be drawn?

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

No names huh?  Not even one?  Just magical imaginary people so no comparisons can be drawn?

I’m done arguing with you. Go eat your latest color in the 64 Pack of Crayolas. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.