Who in the AFC would teams rather not see in the playoffs?

Rubes

Everyone is correct about the Browns/Flacco turning it over a lot, but the Browns defense is good at mitigating/balancing things out. In the last 4 games:

Browns - 3 turnovers / Jags - 4 turnovers

Browns - 3 turnovers / Bears - 3 turnovers

Browns - 2 turnovers / Texans - 2 turnovers

Browns - 3 turnovers / Jets - 2 turnovers

Granted, none of the last 4 teams are great, but it does show the Browns are very opportunistic. If the Bills went on the road & turned it over 2-3 times against this team, it's very unlikely they would win. 

Aside from the Browns, the Bills are a mixed bag on the road in general. There's not a specific team I'd be most worried about, but the Bills are 7-1 this year when they limit themselves to 1 or 0 turnovers.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:49 PM, Rubes said:

The thinking for the last couple of weeks has been the Bills...but I wonder how many are now saying it's the Browns?

Browns have most all the ingredients you might want:

• Super strong defense
  • Excellent offensive line
  • Savvy veteran QB experiencing a resurgence
  • One of the top WRs in Cooper
  • Very good running game

They haven't faced a murderer's row of opponents lately, but they're thrashing people and really starting to peak at the right time. Of all the teams in the AFC right now, even compared with the Dolphins and Ravens, I think they are going to do some serious damage in the playoffs.

Assuming they get their kicking game straightened out...

Bring them all...they bleed the same.

On 12/29/2023 at 4:53 PM, LeGOATski said:

Nah. They're a tough team, but Flacco is still a weakness. He's an immobile, old pocket passer. That doesn't get it done in the playoffs unless you're a cerebral cheater like Brady.

Flacco has been quietly turning the ball over a ton and they’ve been seeing a lot of bad teams lately…I think they’re gonna get smoked in the first round 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So this thread is a perfect example of over analyzing everything the Bills do/don’t do and just looking at scores and records of other teams. Flacco, nice story but look who they have played. He has more than half of the turnovers Josh had and has only played 5 games. Good defense, no doubt, but they did give up 17 in the first half to the Jets the other night (yes they only gave up 3 after the half)

Dolphins finally beat a team with a winning record. I don’t think that defense is anywhere near as good as they have shown lately (again, look who they have played, specifically the QBs they have played)

I get it, we are all Bills fans so naturally we are more invested in them. If you look objectively at the other teams, there’s not a team that should scare you-outside of the Bills having a letdown 

Same can be said for the Bills as far as over-analyzing Yeah they are winning but outside of the Dallas game they haven't played that great.  They barely beat both KC and LA.  

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

49ers lost McCaffrey and Samuel in that game if I remember.  Also think they had a couple other injuries during or before the game.

They beat Burrow when he was on one leg after missing entire training camp and had no business playing in week 1.

Browns are paper tigers with 1 quality win at Baltimore on there resume. 

Browns just lost Hopkins who was in the running for AllPro Kicker. 

Bills have some bad losses but also some good wins. All their losses are close. Bills getting healthy at the right time.  

Lol, put down whatever you're drinking. Deebo got knocked out of the game in the 1st Q after starting a pregame fight, McCaffrey got hurt in the game as well. The "paper tiger" Browns had to start PJ Walker and they rallied from being down 10-0 vs SF. 

Browns have 13 starters on IR and have won 11 games.

Yes, in a few losses they looked bad (Rams, Broncos, Ratbirds).

They're a dangerous & talented team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.