4 game stretch revisited

Ya Digg?

56 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

There are a lot of ways someone could argue that.  First, we didn't lose Allen.  We also had adequate depth, clearly, and we didn't lose our key players on the cusp of making the playoffs.  

At any rate, currently, I'd take our talent on offense over that of any team in the AFC right now.  

I agree, but I’d also attribute our slide between weeks 5 and 9 to not having Milano, Jones and White. Plus Oliver, Rousseau and Floyd at different points. Being down 6 starters on defense is not being overcome frequently. 

I mean we lost to NE with Kendall Vickers playing DE. 

19 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I agree, but I’d also attribute our slide between weeks 5 and 9 to not having Milano, Jones and White. Plus Oliver, Rousseau and Floyd at different points. Being down 6 starters on defense is not being overcome frequently. 

I mean we lost to NE with Kendall Vickers playing DE. 

I guess, but the way that I look at it is that even with our injury losses, other teams with less talent played better and beat those same teams.  

So it's difficult for me to put it on that.  

Either way, right now we're in a catbird seat of sorts.  

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They were on a short week and had to fly across the country.  That takes a toll.  Chargers defense played them different than other teams had.  Probably weren't expecting it.

They had 3 turnovers... but they also battled back from 3 turnovers while getting none of their own.  Thats not easy to do.

Oh I give the Bills a ton of credit for pulling out the win. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Bills. 

My point is I don't think they were flat. The game was just too big for a letdown or being flat. 

Rather, I think it was more the Chargers playing well and perhaps extra motivation. It was the different plays and schemes of the Chargers new regime. Bills players being sloppy and or not executing. 

I didn't see the Bills as being flat, unmotivated, tired, etc...

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Oh I give the Bills a ton of credit for pulling out the win. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Bills. 

My point is I don't think they were flat. The game was just too big for a letdown or being flat. 

Rather, I think it was more the Chargers playing well and perhaps extra motivation. It was the different plays and schemes of the Chargers new regime. Bills players being sloppy and or not executing. 

I didn't see the Bills as being flat, unmotivated, tired, etc...

They definitely had a different plan.  I never seen anyone use two spys on Allen before.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.