Steelers/Bengals Game - Notable injuries

Virgil

21 hours ago, Virgil said:

Looks like Pickett is still out and Chase will be out for the Bengals.  Rudolph can't be much worse than Mitch was.  I'm just hoping the Steelers actually show up.  There's been a ton of media buzz about Steelers receivers just giving up on plays.  It would be great to get some help one of these weeks.  

I'm focusing on this game because a Steelers victory will put us into the top 7 and give us more control for the final two weeks.  

I really hope it's the Steelers too. I want as much cushion on Week 18 as possible.

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Don’t look now, but the Jaguars are falling this weekend to the Bucs, which would also be huge for us because the way the AFC South schedule goes with them playing e/o the final weeks, they would take themselves out, opening up a wild card spot. 

Jags vs Bucs too. Jags are extremely banged up and the Bucs are playing really well. 

Since we lost to the Jags, wouldn't we want them to win their division?  Someone from that division needs to win it, so might as well be the team we don't have the tie-breaker over

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Since we lost to the Jags, wouldn't we want them to win their division?  Someone from that division needs to win it, so might as well be the team we don't have the tie-breaker over

Just thinking out loud - we can win out and still not win the division. So we would be 11-6. If Jags lose best they can be at is 10-7. Because the Jags, Texans and Colts all play each other in next few weeks, I think the absolute best record any second place team in that division would finish with would be 10-7, so we would get wild card over any of them. 

If the Jags win they can still finish 11-6. Mathematically either the Texans or Colts (but not both bc they play each other) can also finish 11-6. So we would be screwed in that scenario. But if the Jags lose that will eliminate 2 teams automatically because the loser of the Texans/Colts game will have 7 losses as well. 

It makes sense in my head even though I may not be articulating it clearly. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Just thinking out loud - we can win out and still not win the division. So we would be 11-6. If Jags lose best they can be at is 10-7. Because the Jags, Texans and Colts all play each other in next few weeks, I think the absolute best record any second place team in that division would finish with would be 10-7, so we would get wild card over any of them. 

If the Jags win they can still finish 11-6. Mathematically either the Texans or Colts (but not both bc they play each other) can also finish 11-6. So we would be screwed in that scenario. But if the Jags lose that will eliminate 2 teams automatically because the loser of the Texans/Colts game will have 7 losses as well. 

It makes sense in my head even though I may not be articulating it clearly. 

Jags play TB Carolina and Tennessee.

On 12/21/2023 at 1:12 PM, NeverOutNick said:

Yuck if Rudolph is starting Cincy is winning that game

On 12/21/2023 at 1:25 PM, FilthyBeast said:

A couple of things...

1) Steelers are complete trash and not winning another game so forget about that this week.

2) Between the Browns and Bengals we have to accept one (maybe both) of them are getting into the playoffs as a WC. So if that's the case I'd rather root for Bengals for one key reason...winning at KC next week to hand them their 6th loss. Why? Because then KC has to go to Buffalo in the playoffs if both finish 11-6 as division winners. Also if Bengals win out they guarantee the Browns another loss which could matter for playoff purposes as well.

On 12/21/2023 at 6:38 PM, sven233 said:

The Bengals are going to kill them.  The Steelers are complete trash.  I doubt they win another game.

homer simpson crow GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.