Bills bar in Chicago??

freester

Really sad that Lincoln Station burned down.  Delilah's is an awesome place to watch a Bills game, one of the best anywhere.  That said, know what you're getting into.  It's not a sports bar.  It's a relatively small "alternative" type of bar with a huge whiskey selection.  Wall to wall people, very limited seating, no food (although you can bring your own, if you can find a place to put it down and eat it), small screens.  I love the place, as its energy is unique and unmatched.

https://www.facebook.com/billsbackersdelilahs

31 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Really sad that Lincoln Station burned down.  Delilah's is an awesome place to watch a Bills game, one of the best anywhere.  That said, know what you're getting into.  It's not a sports bar.  It's a relatively small "alternative" type of bar with a huge whiskey selection.  Wall to wall people, very limited seating, no food (although you can bring your own, if you can find a place to put it down and eat it), small screens.  I love the place, as its energy is unique and unmatched.

It's pretty cliquish for a newbie - just buy the bar a round, make your toast, and you're good!

5 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

https://www.facebook.com/billsbackersdelilahs

It's pretty cliquish for a newbie - just buy the bar a round, make your toast, and you're good!

Is it cheaper to stay home and drop $6 to watch the game on Peacock? 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Delilah's & Lincoln Station:

https://www.delilahschicago.com

https://www.lincolnstation.com

36 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Wow. I just caught that! 😔 

I don't know if they've found a different alternative to Lincoln Station outside of Delilah's. Chicago really needed both because they both would get really packed. They're both fun with different vibes but I don't know what the status is on Lincoln Station. Sad because it was also a really fun place.

A few Thanksgivings ago when the Bills played the Cowboys they were going to be closed but they opened for just the Bills game. The kitchen wasn't open so they actually just brought a bunch of food in and let people eat for free. We had already eaten an early Thanksgiving dinner so we just nibbled on a couple things but I thought it was really nice of them to do that. 

50 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I don't know if they've found a different alternative to Lincoln Station outside of Delilah's. Chicago really needed both because they both would get really packed. They're both fun with different vibes but I don't know what the status is on Lincoln Station. Sad because it was also a really fun place.

A few Thanksgivings ago when the Bills played the Cowboys they were going to be closed but they opened for just the Bills game. The kitchen wasn't open so they actually just brought a bunch of food in and let people eat for free. We had already eaten an early Thanksgiving dinner so we just nibbled on a couple things but I thought it was really nice of them to do that. 

I agree.  I have high praise for both places, and there definitely isn't capacity in one or the other for all the Bills fans in town.  Now that LS is closed (at least temporarily), there's absolutely no way Delilah's has the space for the full LS crowd.  At one time, Mike, the owner of Delilah's owned another bar somewhere in the South Loop (not sure of its exact location - I was never there), but maybe that could be an alternative.  I think it was a much larger place.  Buffalo fans used to gather there before Bills and Sabres games when the teams were in town, as it's closer the stadiums.  It's pretty far from the other 2 bars, which are actually only separated by a few blocks.  I'm sure that someone on this board knows more about it than I do, as I moved out of Chicago a few years ago, so I'm not fully up to speed on the situation.

In the city, Delilah's is the only one I know of.

Anchor Bar opened a location in Oswego about a year ago, it's a western suburb 20ish miles outside Chicago. There's a Bills Backers chapter listed there, Chi-town Backers. I live reasonably close & been there several times, but not on game day.

1 hour ago, 947 said:

In the city, Delilah's is the only one I know of.

Anchor Bar opened a location in Oswego about a year ago, it's a western suburb 20ish miles outside Chicago. There's a Bills Backers chapter listed there, Chi-town Backers. I live reasonably close & been there several times, but not on game day.

How are the wings?  Comparable?

8 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

How are the wings?  Comparable?

Wings are exactly the same.

I was at one in Buffalo a few weeks before the IL one opened, I went in for a comparison & surprisingly noticed no difference. They have Labatt's on tap, which I don't think I've ever seen around here anywhere else.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.