OT - Fried bologna sandwiches

OK - at the risk of revealing a total lack of WNY culture and even though I lived there for 8 years, I have to admit that I've never tried a fried bologna sandwich. I did, however, love bologna as a kid so I'm sure I would like this unique culinary delight.

So, my fellow wallers, please describe to me (in detail) how I should prepare a fried bologna sandwich.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - at the risk of revealing a total lack of WNY culture and even though I lived there for 8 years, I have to admit that I've never tried a fried bologna sandwich. I did, however, love bologna as a kid so I'm sure I would like this unique culinary delight.

So, my fellow wallers, please describe to me (in detail) how I should prepare a fried bologna sandwich.

354288[/snapback]

It's pretty easy. Fry a slice of bologny. Put on bread. That's it.

Buffalo style is frying thick cuts of bologna, served on soft bread rolls with fried green bell peppers, tender onions and melted American cheese. I prefer weber's mustard on top.

Goes great with a 6 pack of Labatt Blue.

Buffalo style is frying thick cuts of bologna, served on soft bread rolls with fried green bell peppers, tender onions and melted American cheese. I prefer weber's mustard on top.

Buns toasted?

Does it taste any better if you barbecue the bologna?

however you fry it up, Weber's mustard on it is an absolute MUST!

Don't worry. I stopped at the Tops near the Stadium last Saturday and stocked up on my Weber's Mustard. It's all good....

354300[/snapback]

That's exactly the way I like them. The only other thing I add is some jalapeno or hananero peppers ... gives it a little extra kick.

Buns toasted?

Does it taste any better if you barbecue the bologna?

354302[/snapback]

Bun not toasted

If you are going to use the grill - give the slab a slathering of something or the bologna will dry out real fast -

A pan is much better - after you have sauteeed the onions and peppers

354288[/snapback]

Bolgna...thicker sliced the better. Sautee in a fry pan till brown. Top with sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Melt cheese on bologna...swiss is my choice. Serve on an onion bulky roll.

Be sure to have plenty of cold Genny Cream Ale and a heart defibrulator on hand.

PTR

DAMMMM I never knew that about bologna.............. I've got to try it out his weekend......man does that sound good....Thanks Aussie for bringing up the topic & thanks to the rest of you for chiming in....

Goes great with a 6 pack of Labatt Blue.

354300[/snapback]

Add the summer sun, a few pink flamingos for ambiance, and a chair by the pool, and I KNOW I am home. :)

lots and lots of onions and ketchup, unless it is a bologna burger(south), then it is with mayo lettuce onion and ketchup. :)

354288[/snapback]