NFL Coaching Tenure Before Winning 1st Super Bowl

Wizard

12 hours ago, Wizard said:

Two general questions.

1. Is there any first time NFL head coach in history who went to their first SuperBowl after 7 seasons with their first team?

I know Cowher both won and lost with Pittsburg, but Cowher lost a SuperBowl within his first 4-5 years as a head coach and then won one.  McDermott is the longest current tenured coach along with Shanahan that has not won a title with their current team.

2. The posts about Harbaugh, Slownik, Johnson, or Bieniemy being Coach are interesting.

Serious Question: is there a coach out there who you really believe would be available, interested, and capable of taking the Bills to the SuperBowl in the next 3 years?

I ask because I don't see Reid or Tomlin coming here. Sean Payton is new in Denver and also no coach has won a title with two different teams, so McVay and Bellicheat would be out with that historical stat in mind.

Is there a veteran coach out there who would be an upgrade? Otherwise, its McDermott or the less proven.

Curious about insights.

Chuck Noll

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.