I may be addicted to Quizno's Subs

They are popping up like crazy here in Buffalo, and I think I have had one at every store...sooooo gooooood...soooo toooooooasssty

353602[/snapback]

Funny. I moved away from Buffalo and I miss all the great subs there like Mike's Giant Subs (I think they changed names) John and Mary's Pizza Junction etc... We have all that Quizno's Subway crap here in Atlanta and to me it doesn't compare. If I still lived inBuffalo I don't think I would ever eat at those chains.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny.  I moved away from Buffalo and I miss all the great subs there like Mike's Giant Subs (I think they changed names) John and Mary's Pizza Junction etc...  We have all that Quizno's Subway crap here in Atlanta and to me it doesn't compare.  If I still lived inBuffalo I don't think I would ever eat at those chains.

354480[/snapback]

I think Mike's changed their name to Hoagie Bothers around the time I left Buffalo. I have to agree with those who mentioned John And Mary's subs, their Royal sub is fantastic. I never went to the original location on Harlem road though, I grew up going to the one in Hamburg.

funny how most of you have this theory...chain=horrible food...local place with 4 year old grease on the wall=great food

354486[/snapback]

Nah, I just think the subs from the other places taste better. Probably a bit of nostalgia for me because I moved away 10 years ago and miss the food from home. I also think the hotdogs are better at Teds and the custard is better at Andersons.

By the way Taterhill, thanks for changing your picture, I can look at this one.

Really though, if you live in Buffalo, the "Mom and Pop" sub shops make the absolute best in my opinion, so there is no need to eat at a chain place. When I go back to BUF I don't even want to think of Subway or Quiz. They both suck when you can get a WNY original. Nino's in Orchard Park, Salfranco's, Just Pizza... etc!!

;) Of course, Bocce's is nothing compared to Papa John's! And forget that beef on weck garbage - give me an Arby's on a hamburger roll!  Yuuuum!

354438[/snapback]

Don't forget your fish fry from Long John Silvers.....err is it Arthur Treachers?

:(

and for fine dining.....there is always Swiss Chalet.....and Red Lobster.......oh, and the Olive Garden to placate our Mediterranean friends.

;)

Quiznos is a lot better then subway food wise, but overpriced.

Thundercloud Subs here in Austin is awesome. I believe its just an Austin area subshop, but their bread is good, their meats and vegetables are much higher quality then subway, and they're tasty.

I think Mike's changed their name to Hoagie Bothers around the time I left Buffalo. 

354493[/snapback]

They did but then the orginal location on Deleware in Kenmore went back to being Mikes Subs and making them the way they always did. Absolutely huge and taste second to none.

Now I'm all fired up for a Royal sub from Mikes. Hello lunch ! :(

I would drive through a snowstorm to have a double steak and cheese from Pizza Junction or Galassi's in North Tonawanda. I miss that living in the midwest. You can have your chain sub shops. but if I had to choose Blimpies would be the chain sub.

I would drive through a snowstorm to have a double steak and cheese from Pizza Junction or Galassi's in North Tonawanda.  I miss that living in the midwest.  You can have your chain sub shops.  but if I had to choose Blimpies would be the chain sub.

354980[/snapback]

Pizza Junction in the City of Tonawanda closed ( Deleware Ave .) They had the absolute biggest subs and wings I ever saw. I could never eat more than half a sub at a time. If you got a double mixed, it looked like 2 lbs. of meat was on there. Am I right ? :(

They did but then the orginal location on Deleware in Kenmore went back to being Mikes Subs and making them the way they always did. Absolutely huge and taste second to none.

Now I'm all fired up for a Royal sub from Mikes. Hello lunch !  :(

354972[/snapback]

They had started franchising Mikes Subs around the time the name changed to Hoagy Bros. The owner who was starting the franchising effort sold franchise rights to several people. The stores started popping up around WNY based on the popularity of the Kenmore and later the Gates Circle store. He may have overestimated his ability to support the other franchises and it kinda fell apart. He was left with his original store in Kenmore, with the name changed back to Mike's Subs.

Now you have made me hungry. I miss my taosted italian sausage with onions, mayo and cheese, ahhhhh