Beane's draft record - with several players emerging, has your opinion changed at all?

Alphadawg7

Beanes draft record  

235 members have voted

1. 1. What was your opinion of his draft record PRIOR to start of 2023 season?

• A grade - Very Good
    • B grade - Good
    • C grade - Average
    • D grade - Below average
    • F grade - Terrible
  2. 2. What is your current grade for him since seeing so many players emerge?

• A grade - Very Good
    • B grade - Good
    • C grade - Average
    • D grade - Below average
    • F grade - Terrible
  3. 3. Is your grade now better, same, or worse than before these guys emerged this year?

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course. But isn't the initial point Beane should get some sort of bonus for drafting Singletary and Moss based on their performances this year? I'd submit that is because they are both now in role they are best suited to which is a role not worthy of a day 2 pick. 

I think Moss is close to bust status as a Bills draft pick. They gave up on him early year 3. Singletary isn't that he was just an average pick and an average player.

I understand better now and agree with you. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No. My position was when someone other than the team who drafted them took a view on the value of both Singletary and Moss they concluded they are backups.

Personally I was surprised Singletary didn't find a starting job somewhere. It was always my contention he was a bottom end level starter and ideally suited to a change of pace role, but I expected him to find one of the 32 starting jobs. He didn't. His best offer was backup in Houston.

Here is the list of cap hits for rbs this year.  Singletary is 20 and with 32 teams based on your definition (contract) would this not make him a lower end starter?    I think you are assuming rbs get more money than they do.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/running-back/

8 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Here is the list of cap hits for rbs this year.  Singletary is 20 and with 32 teams based on your definition (contract) would this not make him a lower end starter?    I think you are assuming rbs get more money than they do.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/running-back/

Yea but by the time you take add in the starters on rookie deals..... 

And the fact is he IS the Texans backup. 

23 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I think I would've had Beane at a "B" before the season started, and I might move him up to a "B+" now. 

Missing on Elam, Basham, Moss, and Ford keeps him from the "A" grade. Elam has time to turn it around but looks like a bust atm. 

I don’t  disagree, but every team has whiffs. That’s just a fact of life. Where and how often you whiff determines your outcome to a large degree.  I think B+ is quite fair right now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.