Preston Ridelhuber, my favorite Bills story of all time

Dan Darragh

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nfl/bills/erik-brady-preston-ridlehuber-of-heidi-fame-improvised-one-of-the-great-plays-of-buffalo/article_cf7d1568-84d9-11ee-bb2d-f7498b6720a5.html

My recollection is that after heaving that game-winning halfback pass to Haven Moses to beat the Patriots, Preston was cut.  It's the only game he ever recorded any touches for the Bills.  He was cut at the end of the season.

Such a great story from Bills lore of the post-championship period.  When I joined this board I tried to get the username Preston Ridelhuber but it was taken, both with and without a space between the names.  Apparently I'm not the only Preston fan.

image.png.d4e08db7264cb5709d8f13a4f392e039.png

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nfl/bills/erik-brady-preston-ridlehuber-of-heidi-fame-improvised-one-of-the-great-plays-of-buffalo/article_cf7d1568-84d9-11ee-bb2d-f7498b6720a5.html

My recollection is that after heaving that game-winning halfback pass to Haven Moses to beat the Patriots, Preston was cut the next week.  It's the only game he ever recorded any touches for the Bills.  He was cut at the end of the season.

Such a great story from Bills lore of the post-championship period.  When I joined this board I tried to get the username Preston Ridelhuber but it was taken, both with and without a space between the names.  Apparently I'm not the only Preston fan.

Some stories are lost to time and this is one that should be told here. Great stuff!!! Thank you for this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

My recollection is that after heaving that game-winning halfback pass to Haven Moses to beat the Patriots, Preston was cut the next week.  It's the only game he ever recorded any touches for the Bills.  He was cut at the end of the season.

Thanks for sharing this ! Great story. I always appreciate those guys who played football from that era. They often had 2nd jobs or short careers with low pay. Sounds like Preston had a great life after too!

22 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

My recollection is that after heaving that game-winning halfback pass to Haven Moses to beat the Patriots, Preston was cut.  It's the only game he ever recorded any touches for the Bills.  He was cut at the end of the season.

22 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I was at that game, seats right behind the Bills bench.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.