The decline of Howard Simon

Adam

Are they making him act like this at WGR55? First Bulldog and Schoppe turn into pre pubescent losers, then Simon's show goes down the tube....I cant even listen to it anymore...do they hold up cue cards for him?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is management- program directors & producers that tell the hosts what to talk about, what callers to take or not to take and so on. Howard was probably on his own during the last months of WNSA/Empire and/or the producers kept it all sports. Now, on WGR, there is no competition as far as sports talk goes and the program directors and produces and some hosts think they are being hip, cool, edgy and funny when in reality they are just pathetic and they flat out suck.

There is management- program directors & producers that tell the hosts what to talk about, what callers to take or not to take and so on. Howard was probably on his own during the last months of WNSA/Empire and/or the producers kept it all sports. Now, on WGR, there is no competition as far as sports talk goes and the program directors and produces and some hosts think they are being hip, cool, edgy and funny when in reality they are just pathetic and they flat out suck.

353255[/snapback]

His comment as to why the NCAA Softball championships got good ratings really rubbed me the wrong way

He does read the Stadium Wall on occasion so your criticisms may well reach him. We all know the quality show he's capable of. It's logical to assume some "suit" with a bunch of b.s. research is telling him how to act. Radio programming is all done by commitee these days. The results rarely match the intent.

PTR

I'm sorry to hear this. I was a big fan of the Simoncast on DirectTV. Like many of my fellow wallers, this was the ONLY show on TV that I could be caught up on Bills and Sabres stuff.

RIP Howard

Jeff

353255[/snapback]

oh- but its not him though - it must be "management." :w00t:

Also, they do VERY little screening of calls - try calling sometime - LOL!

I'm sorry to hear this. I was a big fan of the Simoncast on DirectTV. Like many of my fellow wallers, this was the ONLY show on TV that I could be caught up on Bills and Sabres stuff.

RIP Howard

Jeff

353295[/snapback]

I agree- I really prefered him over the cast of reality show winners and comedians that ESPN gives us- he was very good until WGR tuned into garbage.

I wonder what  happened to Ricky J with his sports ticker updates!!!!

:w00t:

353410[/snapback]

good ol' Ricky J. He's problably somewhere at a bar right now...

"This sport ticker update is sponsored by Paddock Chevrolet, its huge.

Weather today, high in the mid 80's, sunshine throughout the afternoon into the evening. While expected, the Vikings are upset over the anouncement of Ontario Smith being suspended for the season. In basketball the Pistons are moving on to the finals for a second straight year in order to defend their title......" sigh... sob, takes another sip of his beer, and says in an ever so sad tone "more updates after the break"

It seems to me not only is there more "non sports" talk on WGR, but Howard seems to have very few guests on now versus his days at WNSA. Once again this could be a directive coming from management.

Also, are the Bills holding a grudge against WGR from the Dickerson era at the station? I heard Schoop complaining the other day that no players, coaches or front office staff want anything to do with WGR. Of course, this coming from a guy who seems to enjoy bashing anything football related which seems to play second fiddle to his beloved game of baseball.