Decision to Blitz on 3rd down

Mikie2times

5 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

I know many people don't like to listen to me, but I will say this as loud as I can

...This guy either has a source on the team to say this or got lucky in this statement.  This is 100% and just the surface. I don't think it's coincidence.he just threw this up there as a statement.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, boyst said:

I know many people don't like to listen to me, but I will say this as loud as I can

...This guy either has a source on the team to say this or got lucky in this statement.  This is 100% and just the surface. I don't think it's coincidence.he just threw this up there as a statement.

Lol he is a regular dick tracey

9 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Prior to the 3rd down conversion we had what was probably our most effective blitz of the season. With the field position if we get a sack (which we did) it would take them out of field goal range. On the next play you have to assume Wilson would be ready for instant pressure if we showed that look. Even 5-10 yards is FG range and by blitzing you either get home or you leave holes everywhere. I really felt like we would show it and back off. It seemed like the perfect trap for Wilson. Yet we doubled down and you saw the result. 

This was even more frustrating to me than 12 men on the field. It was the wrong call. If they're in FG range I get it. But if you ever decide to play coverage, that is the spot. Give them 5 yards and make them ponder a 50 yarder or so or go for it on 4th. Demoralizing call by Sean. 

This. I was screaming at the TV "Why are we all out blitzing???!!!!", one of the most mind numbing situational play calls I have even seen at any level of football.   I have been a staunch supporter of McDermott but it's becoming clear he doesn't have the savvy to win at this level.  Way over his head. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.