Pope fires bishop

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Why ask for comments when you post none of your own on this “huge move”? You babble, mostly incoherently, about every other thing that comes across the wire, why not get the ball rolling here?

I don't think he's been told yet how this about Trump.

21 minutes ago, yall said:

Since when is "Mid-level manager criticizes CEO and gets fired" worthy of comment?

when it never happened before (or at least very, very rarely, in the Church.  Oh, and it's political....it's about culture war issues-Abortion, trans, LGBTQ etc....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

45 minutes ago, yall said:

Since when is "Mid-level manager criticizes CEO and gets fired" worthy of comment?

This. You can't challenge the boss publicly and get away with it.  I give the bishop credit for standing up for his beliefs and refusing to quit, regardless whether I agree with them or not.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

This. You can't challenge the boss publicly and get away with it.  I give the bishop credit for standing up for his beliefs and refusing to quit, regardless whether I agree with them or not.

there's this thing called the magisterium and priests lie face down in obedience to their betters....

45 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If you posted Pegula fires McDermott you'd get lots of comments.  The Pope, not so much interest.

yes, Catholicism involves only a few people😇

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

there's this thing called the magisterium and priests lie face down in obedience to their betters....

Well I'm not so sure about the lying face down part, but if you are referring to the pontificate magisterium I suppose you could be correct, if it was a papal edict.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Well I'm not so sure about the lying face down part, but if you are referring to the pontificate magisterium I suppose you could be correct, if it was a papal edict.

https://www.alamy.com/priests-lie-face-down-on-the-floor-during-an-ordination-ceremony-presided-over-by-pope-francis-in-st-peters-basilica-at-the-vatican-sunday-may-12-2019-ap-photoalessandra-tarantino-image510783676.html

the medical term is prone...versus supine (supping).  Where's "Doc" when u need him?

I've noticed in our conservative church that Frank is very rarely spoke of.  I love his analogy of the church being a field hospital.  ours doesn't feel that way.  meeting with our new priest to discuss this week.  he replaced a liberal fishing buddy

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

trump meeting with the pope was disgusting.  What would St Bonaventure do @Bonnie?  Did you fail every class in ethics and morality?

I have to admit you got range on this one, Fergie.  From liberal fishing buddy to medical terminology to magisterium and all the way back to @B-Man and his performance in ethics/morality as a freshman in 19hundred-ought six-two. 

I don’t have anything to offer.  As a youngster raised in/around the church, I’ve not quite figured out how to reconcile conflicting emotions over scandals and the like.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I have to admit you got range on this one, Fergie.  From liberal fishing buddy to medical terminology to magisterium and all the way back to @B-Man and his performance in ethics/morality as a freshman in 19hundred-ought six-two. 

I don’t have anything to offer.  As a youngster raised in/around the church, I’ve not quite figured out how to reconcile conflicting emotions over scandals and the like.   

not stupid. waiting for the jester to say I'm drunk.  this time i actually am.  Go Bills!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

trump meeting with the pope was disgusting.  What would St Bonaventure do @Bonnie?  Did you fail every class in ethics and morality?

It is indeed difficult to respond to the multiple things wrong in your post.

Your misconceptions about Christianity is truly astounding.

• Like (+1) 1