Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

I am already nervous.  This feels like its a game the bills are going to have to have a perfect drive late to win the game.  

Denver is going to run straight ahead until buffalo stops it. I hope they can do it without having to commit to it.

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I am already nervous.  This feels like its a game the bills are going to have to have a perfect drive late to win the game.  

Denver is going to run straight ahead until buffalo stops it. I hope they can do it without having to commit to it.

Linval Joseph helps with that. One thing that got lost in the loss last week was that Joe Mixon had 14 carries for 37 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, finn said:

The answer is staring us in the face: They're in "WTF?!" mode, in disbelief that after last year's series of traumas (Knox's brother, the Tops shooting, White's injury, the Hamlin incident, Allen's injury) they get hit AGAIN, even worse this time. It's like, "C'mon, man!" White getting injured again was just a cruel blow. Unbelievable that then Milano and Jones, their two best defensive players, go down in quick succession. Then Allen hurts his shoulder again, and still more players go down. 

How do you regain your swagger in the face of these body blows? You feel vulnerable, unfairly targeted, anxious, weak. 

They're really at a crossroads now. If they blow Denver out of the fricking water, they might regain their mojo, maybe. If it's another close game, even if they win, they will be roadkill for the rest of the season. They HAVE to win big. 

Injuries happen.  The offense not having its swagger is because they haven't been playing well, not because a few guys on defense got injured.

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Linval Joseph helps with that. One thing that got lost in the loss last week was that Joe Mixon had 14 carries for 37 yards.

Yea for sure but for lack of a better term, this is going to be an all night sucker with payton calling plays.  If the bills struggle to stop the run he will run 50 times tonight.  Joseph should be a big help but I am not sure he can play that many snaps yet.  

The defense needs to get off the field tonight and not get dragged 40 or 50 yards before forcing field goals or punts.  

of course having a lead and playing with a lead would limit the number of times payton will run the ball..if they are ahead or its tied though I just feel like he is going to run over and over.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am not disagreeing with you at all, but quite simply that's the ballad of the loser.

The simplest clichés hold true...good teams win games.  If they are not winning, they are not good. 

The "hard work" is easily equitable to Connery's ('The Rock") line of, "Your "best"?!  Losers whine about doing their best.  Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

They can do a ton of hard work and it may yield the exact same result: 4 whole games, even wins, of meh.

Let's hope something goes off with them or they find their way to the holy grail soon because we need Mr. Momentum to pop in and stay through Christmas. 

GO Bills!

I agree with NewEra.  There is no switch.  While a ton of hard work may yield the same results, there is no magic switch where the offense just starts lighting it up again.  It's just hard work and getting better execution from hard work.  Less mistakes because better decisions are made from that hard work because maybe they understand better what they are supposed to do.  Or Dorsey just runs a better offense that these guys are better suited for.  But there is no magic switch.

When other teams "get hot at just the right time," that wasn't a magic switch either.  It's just the guys executing better what they practiced all year or maybe even a change of philosophy to suit what they did well for most of that year... or both.

9 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don’t think it is. Fournette said that the Bills passing scheme is the most complicated he has ever seen. All those choice routes require the pass catcher to read the defense, not just run a precise route. Also, contrary to popular belief in TBD, Hines was traded to the Bills on a Tuesday and played that Sunday against the Jets. Josh attempted a long pass to him on a wheel route that was incomplete. 

That isn't the first player that has said its the most complicated offense he has ever seen. Maybe thats part of the problem with this offense. I have heard that comment at least twice before. 

Hines played on ST returns.  That is why he started right away.  Having one play for him isn't anything ground breaking.  I do think it takes the Bills time to get players involved.  It doesn't take much to have a package of plays designed for a new guy.  To me it seems the ones that start right away are out of necessity for the position.  Returner was a necessity at the time.  The other choice was Hyde just to fair catch, or McK where ya might cringe every play looking for a muffed catch.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
28 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

You missed a great game. The kids beat a school who hadn't lost a game in about 3 years. I went to bed happy and slept well. How about you?

I slept fine, thanks for asking.  Glad your kid's team did so well, I am sure you are proud, you should be.

Edited by Matt_In_NH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.