Dalton Kincaid - Khalil Shakir - Elite Hands - YAC

BuffaloBill

57 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Why would anyone think Shakir, a 5th rounder who's still early in his second year, is at his ceiling?

It's possible. But it's more likely he's got plenty space left before he reaches his ceiling.

Temper expectations. 

We have had the same thing play out the last few years. 

- Bills lack additional WR talent

- Bills acquire players at position

- Fans overbuy how potentially good said players are

- Guys under produce by our unreasonable standards.

In 12 games last year his highest performance was 3-75-1 against the Steelers. 

So far this season it’s last week’s 6-92. 

That’s good productions for a 5th rounder who’s measurable aren’t anything specials. However, these are the outliers. The ceiling he’ll bring to this team. Not the baseline or expectation as it could be with Kincaid. 

The only argument here is that more opportunity will create better output. Maybe. I won’t hold my breath. This team can’t wait around for that. 

If you have any statistics or rationale as to why you’d expect anything different, I’m all ears. 

16 hours ago, DCofNC said:

There’s a lot of college experience to look at.  He’s no where near as bad as Davis, but you also need to realize a large part of why you don’t have a bigger sample size was the drop/ reception rate last year.  In 20 targets he had 2 drops, 10% rate, and a 50% reception rate.  His college experience shows similar track record.  He’s got a lot of skills in the open field, but a great WR, he was not.

10% drop rate on 20 targets is not a real drop rate though.  That’s like saying Cook has a 10% fumble rate after 10 Carrie’s because he fumbled his first snap.  That number will never hold up that high.  

And it was him as a rookie with limited playing time.  

And your comments about college are incorrect as well.  He had very good hands in college, and you can read any of his draft profiles to see that as well.  I was high on him coming into the draft cuz I loved him in college.  He was projected to go as early as the 2nd round, his size and frame were his biggest concern coming into the draft, not his hands.  I’ve even linked a couple below if you want learn more about Shakir.  

There is a reason he was seen as one of the biggest steaks of the draft when Bills got him and it’s why Beane heard from a bunch of GMs they were not happy we got him.

So again, this notion he doesn’t have great hands is not fair to him based on his first 20 targets, and the claims he didn’t have good hands in college are not accurate either.  And now he has no drops this year and that cuts that “10%” in half already and we aren’t even halfway through the season yet.  

All good, not like I think you have an agenda or something, just like to point out when I see people posting similar things that it’s really not a fair characterization of him and people should be more optimistic about him.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/khalilshakir

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10021509-khalil-shakir-nfl-draft-2022-scouting-report-for-boise-state-wr.amp.html

• Like (+1) 1

Given the dislike of Beasley he was a intricate part of a very potent offense while he was here & it is something the Bills have missed since he was let go for being out spoken . Shakir i hope can be that guy & i hope they get him & others signed before they hit the FA market .

Josh has weapons all around him & the way they used Gabe this last game was 100 times better than where they had been using him prior to this last week so given that they are figuring it out & i hope they continue to look in the direction on offense that they did this game weapons are there .

I would like to see Shorter just because i think he would be a great addition in the red zone . I hope the injury to Knox doesn't make him a piece they can live with out he is a Buffalo Bills through & through and when healthy he usually comes through for Josh when needed .

If the D can get & stay a bit healthier (I pray Daquan can heal before the play offs) and the offense can continue to get it figured out to be hitting on all cylinders at the end of the season that is what would be the best thing for the Bills we can only sit and hope for the best ...

GO BILLS !! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.