Would you be for "Eye in the Sky" officiating?

Royale with Cheese

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The one thing that really sucks is every single time we have a big play or score, I immediately look for flags before I start celebrating.  It's a delayed celebration for me.

I've seen the opposite.  The guy that used to have the seats next to mine, anytime there was a play that did not go the Bills way, he'd start screaming "throw the flag!!!"  Every. Damm. Time. 

I'd be for it, especially if they can find a way to make it relatively quick. But I was also in favor of being able to challenge PI penalties, and the league botched that.

In general, I'm all for eliminating as much of the "human element" from officiating games. Using sensors/computer monitoring for ball placement instead of eyeballing it & using chains, go for it! 

But it seems the NFL likes the "entertainment" value & supposed drama of the visuals it provides, so I doubt we'll ever get to that point. 

Some of the problems would never be solved by eye in the sky.  For example, bad spots - "just give it too 'em" or the Murray run vs. Tampa that should been inches, but was a full yard & half short after the spot.  As we all know from our phones, there is locator technology that's pretty accurate, but not sure if it's accurate to the inch level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.