Let's talk about that Hail Mary

Success

On 10/27/2023 at 9:26 AM, Success said:

That was pretty informative.  Makes me feel a little better about it.

How?   If this is a standard Hail Mary play, the Bills should know how to defend it.   Why was Bernard responsible for Godwin?   He was trailing him.   If Tampa was able to execute it properly to Evans and he tipped it forward, Godwin was right there.  Bernard wasn’t in the play until he knocked him over.

The short jump guy was double-teamed and mugged.  They could’ve called P.I. on a couple of the Bills there.  They were lucky nobody touched it.  

Evans is 6-5.  They should’ve had someone taller on him to knock the ball down if it came to him.  

Before the snap, the announcer said the Bills had multiple players standing near the goal line, so why wasn’t one of them on Godwin instead of Bernard with 2 guys on the short guy and 3 around Evans?

All this video showed me was that the Bills were lucky that Tampa wasn’t able to execute the play.  The Bills played it poorly and could’ve been called for P.I.

• Agree 2

On 10/27/2023 at 12:29 PM, Big Blitz said:

Why are we rushing 4 guys in these situations is absurd to me.  

Put 9 guys back there.  Rush 2.  Should have been doing that from play 1 of the Bucs last possession.  

It's literally to prevent a Mighty Ducks Flying V formation of 300+ pound offensive linemen plowing a path to the endzone for Baker through all those smaller DBs flooding the back end.  Have to at least throw a few guys at the O-line to keep them honest and maintain the numbers advantage for the jump ball.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.