Week 8: Buy, Sell, Hold Bucs Edition

boyst

Good morning everyone. For those that consistently chime in you know the drill. For those new to this than it is easy to misunderstand. Think of this like a penny stock situation or just simple stocks on the open market. There is no true value to any player, group, team, or position. We generally try to keep it Bills related, but you can pick the other team if you'd like to make a statement. If you feel strongly about anything in the league you can say something about it, too.

But, generally, you simply choose a player you'd like to support this week by putting him as a "BUY." This could be someone who barely plays or plays all the time. Someone you think can contribute this week. When you "SELL" someone it does not mean they suck and should be released from the team. It could be something along the lines of a player coming in really hot and having potentially their best games and you believe they've reached their limit. Last week I sold on Taron Johnson, feeling he would have a touch matchup and his potential was already reached the previous few weeks - I wanted to sell high. When you "HOLD" a player you're choosing to simply keep that imaginary stock or belief in the player for some or any reason. You don't have to already have committed to buying him. You did not have to acknowledge him at all any week prior. It could simply be a statement that you believe in someone on the team or a unit that you do not think is at their potential but also not going to regress any.

That being said...my picks:

BUY: David Edwards. With only one listed TE on the roster and our OL regressing I think this dude is going to see more time to contribute to the offense filling in as a blocker.

SELL: Turning the ball over for any reason.  This includes Sam Martin. I just don't want to or need to see any more punting. This is not against him. This is against any time we turn the ball over right now. I just do not want it. Our Defense cannot afford it.

HOLD: Reggie Gilliam. We may be down to just one TE but this guy is dynamic and offers a lot on the field. While Quentin Morris, my favorite Falcon, is out we may have his neighbor from the North fill in with some playing time. Let's see what this former Rocket gets the chance to show.

Tough to do this one in the short week as gameplan is always a bit different being streamlined.

Buy:

Shakir- He's slowly been seeing an increase of snaps. Working in a lot more in the slot and Allen in building trust with him. Everyone is looking at Kincaid doing more with Knox out, but I think Shakir stands to have the most breakout potential here.

Sell:

Taylor Rapp. Had high expectations for him coming into the season and so far it seems like they have little interest in using him as anything other than S depth. I'm cutting my losses here.

Hold:

Quinten Morris. Not sure if he plays this week or not (likely trending not) but over the next few weeks if he can make it back he's another guy that will likely see extended playtime depending on Knox's recovery. He may even end up "technically" the temporary TE1 sliding into Knox's role as Kincaid stays where he is.

Buy - Tyler Bass"-o-Matic".  This stock has seen a big selloff in recent weeks and is now priced to move.  Get in on the ground floor while you can.  Alternate selection: Dalton "Reuben" Kincaid.

Sell - Ken Dorsey.  Cutting my losses with this turd.  I'll take a bath, but I can use the losses to offset some capital gains.

Hold - Many good choices here, but I'm going Dorian Williams.  I know he's in McDummy's Doghouse, but I like the investment, expect it to pay off in the long run.  Going long on 42.

Buy - Kincaid. Nothing stopping him now.😁

Hold - Oliver. (If he's back), I'm interested in how he does basically by himself. 😉

Sell - Harty. What a waste of money. Can't even gain a fraction on a penny stock! Wish Beane could sell him too and recoup the losses. Sometimes,  you just have to sell and hope to make it up somewhere else!!🤣

I'm adding to my watch list. I'd really like to see what Isabella could do here.I think he would be much better than Harty. 🤔

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LyndonvilleBill said:

Buy - Kincaid. Nothing stopping him now.😁

Hold - Oliver. (If he's back), I'm interested in how he does basically by himself. 😉

Sell - Harty. What a waste of money. Can't even gain a fraction on a penny stock! Wish Beane could sell him too and recoup the losses. Sometimes,  you just have to sell and hope to make it up somewhere else!!🤣

I'm adding to my watch list. I'd really like to see what Isabella could do here.I think he would be much better than Harty. 🤔

i like the idea of having an optional watch. i'd considered it last year when someone put it in themselves but i don't want to overdo the premise of this.

either way, a lot of solid opinions.

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

i like the idea of having an optional watch. i'd considered it last year when someone put it in themselves but i don't want to overdo the premise of this.

either way, a lot of solid opinions.

Me too. Obviously. 😉

I was going to change my "Sell" to "Dump", but you responded too quickly.  🤣. I'll just leave it as is.

• Haha (+1) 1

Buy: McD.  He's at a low now, but I expect a few more wins and people saying he's fine.  Then the playoffs will hit--and I'll sell prior to then.  Kind of like a day trade here.  

Sell:  Morse.  He seems cooked at this point.  Get out before the bottom falls out.  

Hold: Dorian Williams.  I think he comes on.  He's adjusting to the NFL from Tulane.  He looks okay positionally, just finishing the plays he gets lost.  

Buy:  Gabe Davis - He’s been in a little lull the past couple of games.  I think he has some big plays tomorrow night, at least a TD.

Sell:  Dane Jackson - I’m not expecting much to sell tomorrow night, as I expect the Bills to win by close to 20 points.  If there’s an area the Bucs can do some damage against the Bills, will be against our secondary with the likes of Mike Evans.

Hold:  Von Miller - I know he’s optimistic for his best game yet since coming back, although that’s not saying much and Tampa is near the top of the league in sacks allowed.  Might be another week where we’re left wondering when he will return to form, and some will of course say he’s done.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.