Jim Harbaugh

NeverOutNick

I don’t know if this has its own thread yet but after talking to my buddy who is a huge Michigan fan, he’s feeling that if the Wolverines win it all this year, Jim is going back to the NFL for the right opportunity. Michigan football is under attack again and Jim probably doesn’t want to deal with it all.

Although I love McD as a person and I think he’s done a good job this year with the defense, I hold him accountable for these lackluster performances. He had his scapegoat last year with Frazier so I don’t think he gets another free pass if he pushes the blame on Dorsey (even if Dorsey is a lot of the blame). Being a head coach means having your team ready to go to play inferior opponents (even if they bring their best against us). We are too talented of a team to be going through these lulls year after with a once in a generation QB.

People may not be a fan of Jim Harbaugh’s brash personality but the man bleeds football and will bring a winning culture to Buffalo. I believe he will get the absolute best out of Josh Allen and honestly think if Beane let him know that Buffalo is interested in him, he would seriously consider coaching here. It would be the best of both worlds for him as he gets the college atmosphere and a franchise QB he can build a dynasty out of. 

I’d love to win a Super Bowl this year and I’m still hopeful we turn things around but if we can’t get there this year I pray Beane is seriously pitching to Harbaugh behind the scenes because it would be a game changer for the future of our Bills and exactly what we need 

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1

Not sure if Harbaugh is the right guy or not but it's starting to look like McD is the type of coach to run up impressive win totals (except this year lol) but get absolutely outcoached when it counts.  We all knew the Pats were going to win that game yesterday, even after the Bills took the lead

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

I don’t know if this has its own thread yet but after talking to my buddy who is a huge Michigan fan, he’s feeling that if the Wolverines win it all this year, Jim is going back to the NFL for the right opportunity. Michigan football is under attack again and Jim probably doesn’t want to deal with it all.

Although I love McD as a person and I think he’s done a good job this year with the defense, I hold him accountable for these lackluster performances. He had his scapegoat last year with Frazier so I don’t think he gets another free pass if he pushes the blame on Dorsey (even if Dorsey is a lot of the blame). Being a head coach means having your team ready to go to play inferior opponents (even if they bring their best against us). We are too talented of a team to be going through these lulls year after with a once in a generation QB.

People may not be a fan of Jim Harbaugh’s brash personality but the man bleeds football and will bring a winning culture to Buffalo. I believe he will get the absolute best out of Josh Allen and honestly think if Beane let him know that Buffalo is interested in him, he would seriously consider coaching here. It would be the best of both worlds for him as he gets the college atmosphere and a franchise QB he can build a dynasty out of. 

I’d love to win a Super Bowl this year and I’m still hopeful we turn things around but if we can’t get there this year I pray Beane is seriously pitching to Harbaugh behind the scenes because it would be a game changer for the future of our Bills and exactly what we need 

RE: bolded:  I don't think Beane has a say in the matter.  I think McD runs the show and Beane doesn't have the authority to fire him.  It seems to be a weird structure where Beane is sort of under McD but also the GM.

4 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

People may not be a fan of Jim Harbaugh’s brash personality but the man bleeds football and will bring a winning culture to Buffalo.

How many games have the Bills won since McDermott has been here? We can debate whether or not a new coach can bring them to the next level but McDermott has inarguably instilled a winning culture, they're one of the winningest teams in pro sports.

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

RE: bolded:  I don't think Beane has a say in the matter.  I think McD runs the show and Beane doesn't have the authority to fire him.  It seems to be a weird structure where Beane is sort of under McD but also the GM.

No, they are on the same level, both reporting directly to Pegula.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

He did have a good run with SF and got them to the Super Bowl. So, he has history of being successful in the NFL. If he were to become available, then I would hope the Bills would look into it. I just think Pegula isn't going to do anything and he will give Beane and McDermott the 2024 season to get this turned around. I do think Dorsey is gone and a new OC will be brought in. McDermott might be better bringing in a DC as well and just stick to being the HC.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

He did have a good run with SF and got them to the Super Bowl. So, he has history of being successful in the NFL. If he were to become available, then I would hope the Bills would look into it. I just think Pegula isn't going to do anything and he will give Beane and McDermott the 2024 season to get this turned around. I do think Dorsey is gone and a new OC will be brought in. McDermott might be better bringing in a DC as well and just stick to being the HC.

As long as they stack up on tiny gadget receivers in the next offseason i'll be happy as I'm sure it'll work next time

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

How many championships has Jim won? 

And Michigan isn’t “under attack” they’re under investigation, for good reason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.