How is Dorsey doing using his new (and previous) offensive weapons after 6 games?

Mister Defense

2 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

You said the "offensive struggles are all around"--seems to indicate fundamental problems to me!

I didn't say that...someone else said that.  1 issue on one play, a different issue on another play, and a 3rd issue on another play can look like it's a huge problem. But it's not that big, it comes down to one missed assignment derailing one play, another missed assignment by a single person another, etc.  That's stuff that usually gets cleaned up pretty quickly.

Just now, boyst said:

only a homer was excited for Harty or Sherfield.

Kincaid, as a rookie TE, has history against him.

Shakir and Davis need to be more, because those first 3 ain't.

Murray has been a great pickup.

History is whatever...Josh Allen had history against him too.

Aside from Diggs, Dorsey is not getting the most out of the offensive players.

Cook looks like a good RB who is a real weapon

Kincaid is finally starting to get more involved, but he should be able to do more than catch passes in the flat and get gang tackled for a 4 yard gain. 

Gabe Davis is a decent WR who we should be getting more out of. Gabe has made many plays in the past. He's better than 1 memorable play per game. 

We're FINALLY seeing Harty and Sherfield being used a little bit. It's 7 games in. Why weren't these free agent signings being utilized right away? That's inexcusable. 

Knox is practically invisible, but we have seen him make plays before, which is why he has that contract. What happened to him? I get he has had some drops, but that has been the case his whole career. The guy can make plays, and has, or you wouldn't have re-signed him. 

The OL is fine as NFL OL go. I would say they are at least an average NFL OL, and play above average here and there. You can work with that. 

Then there's the QB. No running, no real deep shots. What exactly is the plan? 

This team needs an experienced coach as the OC. Everyone can be buddies while they celebrate a SB win. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I didn't say that...someone else said that.  1 issue on one play, a different issue on another play, and a 3rd issue on another play can look like it's a huge problem. But it's not that big, it comes down to one missed assignment derailing one play, another missed assignment by a single person another, etc.  That's stuff that usually gets cleaned up pretty quickly.

History is whatever...Josh Allen had history against him too.

name a rookie tight end who elevated his team in their rookie year?

allen's history of small school qb taking his team to greatness would not be a first.

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

name a rookie tight end who elevated his team in their rookie year?

allen's history of small school qb taking his team to greatness would not be a first.

Sam Laporta?

Allen's history of a QB with major accuracy/completion percentage problems being fixed IS a first.

Edited by Big Turk

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Aside from Diggs, Dorsey is not getting the most out of the offensive players.

Cook looks like a good RB who is a real weapon

Kincaid is finally starting to get more involved, but he should be able to do more than catch passes in the flat and get gang tackled for a 4 yard gain. 

Gabe Davis is a decent WR who we should be getting more out of. Gabe has made many plays in the past. He's better than 1 memorable play per game. 

We're FINALLY seeing Harty and Sherfield being used a little bit. It's 7 games in. Why weren't these free agent signings being utilized right away? That's inexcusable. 

Knox is practically invisible, but we have seen him make plays before, which is why he has that contract. What happened to him? I get he has had some drops, but that has been the case his whole career. The guy can make plays, and has, or you wouldn't have re-signed him. 

The OL is fine as NFL OL go. I would say they are at least an average NFL OL, and play above average here and there. You can work with that. 

Then there's the QB. No running, no real deep shots. What exactly is the plan? 

This team needs an experienced coach as the OC. Everyone can be buddies while they celebrate a SB win. 

Great take, nailing so many of the problems. 

The only reason we are now, finally, getting to see some of the players used is because Dorsey was clearly forced to do that this week--just read McDermott's words from this past week.

It is, like you said, inexcusable.

McDermott is now the head coach and the defensive coordinator.

I think this team cannot function well, is not, if he also has to lead his poor offensive coordinator and force him to change his ways.  But it seems to be the only way to make Dorsey do some of the right things.

Not sustainable.

Edited by Mister Defense

Part of the problem is what I debated with many before the season. 

Harty and Sherfield are not upgrades. They are both just JAG's. Neither has done enough in the league over ~5 years that should make anyone think they are better than guys of the like McK, Crowder, Sanders, Brown, Beasley, etc. Yet people hyped them up and said we have one of the best WR rooms in the league. 

Davis is not a #2. He is a one trick pony and a boom or bust guy. How many 1 catch games do we need to admit this. We needed to get one of the better WR's available and chose to pass.

Kincaid is going to take time. We saw some flashes finally last game. But many expected Kelce from game 1. I heard how he was essentially un-guardable and had such a unique skillset that he would dominate.

The issue remains. Outside of Diggs we have nobody that scares anyone. Well there is one thing and that is Josh Allen's legs. But we have even removed that element from the equation. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Sam Laporta?

Allen's history of a QB with major accuracy/completion percentage problems being fixed IS a first.

oof that does hurt. we could have stayed where we were and got him. or even traded back to do it.

in defense of history, he's about their only threat downfield.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.