Caleb Williams demanding part ownership

CDogg20

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think that's why I message boards are here.. to have good discussions

And Caleb really is only starting two and a half seasons... He took over from five Star Spencer rattler at Oklahoma... Spencer rattler was the number one pocket passer in his class and is going to get drafted this year out of South Carolina

So he was sitting behind an NFL quarterback as a true freshman that he beat out... And burrow has talent.... And it took him three seasons and a transfer to shine 

Caleb had 21 touchdowns and four picks as a true freshman... Insane stats in a power five conference

I don't think you could compare their arcs... Burrow as a finished product certainly was supreme... Caleb has been on top everywhere

Certainly isn't perfect

But do you know who's open downfield why he's holding the ball so long? Why does Josh hold it so long

If he's holding it because nobody's open and he's trying to create it's really not his problem

I don’t think that’s the case.  Guys are open.  I don’t think he’s processing well. Doesn’t trust what he sees. He’s going to get sacked 8 times per game if he does that in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think that's why I message boards are here.. to have good discussions

It is? 

I thought it was to bicker and argue and hurl ad hominems and fight over who was right.  LOL  

Sometimes ya can't tell.  I appreciate the great back-n-forth though!!!  :) 

Why am I growing more concerned about our game tomorrow.  

By all rights this should be a 20+ point blowout.  All of a sudden I'm having an anxiety attack.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I don’t think that’s the case.  Guys are open.  I don’t think he’s processing well. Doesn’t trust what he sees. He’s going to get sacked 8 times per game if he does that in the NFL.

Certainly my biggest question mark about him

But I don't think his weapons are as good as you think they are ... Utah's defense is better than USCs offense 

• Like (+1) 1

Williams has plenty of opportunity this season to prove himself against top competition.  

USC faces three of four ranked conference opponents forthcoming.  

Cal sucks, but after that, Washington (currently 5th), @ Oregon (currently 9th), and then UCLA (currently 25th), then a possible conference championship game.  

And FWIW, Barnes, a backup, has significantly outplayed Williams in this game.  Passing and running.  

Edited by PBF81

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Williams has plenty of opportunity this season to prove himself against top competition.  

USC faces three of four ranked conference opponents forthcoming.  

Cal sucks, but after that, Washington (currently 5th), @ Oregon (currently 9th), and then UCLA (currently 25th), then a possible conference championship game.  

In the meantime, he was outplayed by Utah’s backup QB

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yup

The next four games and possible CC are going to heavily impact his draft status, ... IMO.  

One thing's for sure, he looks like a prima donna asking for ownership at this stage of things.  

GO BILLS!!!!   

Let's hope that our offense pulls its head out of its a$$ tomorrow.  

G' night!!  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Wonder if this kid is humbled yet. He never did much in this game to put them in position to win seemed to be everyone else. 

Can’t believe the announcers just said Caleb did everything he could. Lol

Seems like such a me guy.. sitting on bench seemingly with limited interest as the Utah walk on sets his team up for the GW FG. Doesn’t meet the Utah kids to hands ( at least for 5 minutes).. Utah is so well coached and a tough D. 

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Wonder if this kid is humbled yet. He never did much in this game to put them in position to win seemed to be everyone else. 

Can’t believe the announcers just said Caleb did everything he could. Lol

Listen I don't think he's the best qb prospect I've ever seen and that's not what I'm campaigning for

USC is severely overrated... They are out matched by Utah with a walk-on quarterback

Caleb does not have much talent around him compared to other top schools 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

It is? 

I thought it was to bicker and argue and hurl ad hominems and fight over who was right.  LOL  

Sometimes ya can't tell.  I appreciate the great back-n-forth though!!!  :) 

Why am I growing more concerned about our game tomorrow.  

By all rights this should be a 20+ point blowout.  All of a sudden I'm having an anxiety attack.  

I'll tell you right now it won't be a 20 point blowout...

Division games are tough 

I'd like to see a 20-point win but I don't see it

53 minutes ago, mannc said:

Or Utah has a much better team around their backup quarterback which I've been saying

Williams on Utah is a national championship quality team... But Utah can't recruit a quarterback of that pedigree ... Cam rising is a stud but he ain't Williams... Utah is so good top to bottom they can roll with a quarterback who walked on last year and be legit and beat USC 

There's only a handful of schools that can get a five-star number one quarterback out of HS... Utah almost out classes USC at every position besides quarterback and it shows

Today was what I expected 

The better team won 

Edited by Buffalo716

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Division games are tough 

Well, as pointed out, the average score of the last four games is 35-18 us, and this Pats team is worse than any of those teams.  

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Or Utah has a much better team around their backup quarterback which I've been saying

Williams on Utah is a national championship quality team... But Utah can't recruit a quarterback of that pedigree ... Cam rising is a stud but he ain't Williams... Utah is so good top to bottom they can roll with a quarterback who walked on last year and be legit and beat USC 

There's only a handful of schools that can get a five-star number one quarterback out of HS... Utah almost out classes USC at every position besides quarterback and it shows

The better team won 

Be that as it may, he hasn't stepped up on any of his biggest games.  It's safe to say that QBs with less talent around them, are playing better than that against comparable teams.

The message appears to be, listen to what people say, despite the fact that he simply hasn't stepped up in the couple of big games he's played.  Not even average.  

My methodology includes having more/ample proof before drawing conclusions.  

56 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, as pointed out, the average score of the last four games is 35-18 us, and this Pats team is worse than any of those teams.  

Be that as it may, he hasn't stepped up on any of his biggest games.  It's safe to say that QBs with less talent around them, are playing better than that against comparable teams.

The message appears to be, listen to what people say, despite the fact that he simply hasn't stepped up in the couple of big games he's played.  Not even average.  

My methodology includes having more/ample proof before drawing conclusions.  

To be fair, you're saying a Heisman trophy winner doesn't step up in big games, when he is usually insanely good... Even against bad matchups

USCs backup quarterback if he play today they lose by 20... Williams did put it on the line

You don't understand the drop off between Williams and his backup... And how utahs defense is schematically a problem for USC... And Williams had a great game versus it last year

He scored 42 points in a loss to Utah last year ... 45 In a loss to tulane... 32 in a loss today 

He had 381 yards five touchdowns versus Utah last year ... Lol

They're not losing because of him... They have nobody else rallying around him

Could you imagine Caleb Williams on Oklahoma right now? With a defense

People would be gushing... Williams has the most pressure on any returning college football player I could remember in the last 15 years

He certainly isn't perfect... He absolutely isn't a sure thing... But with the way the modern game is going... His tools are amazing... Any great coach should be able to get amazing things out of him

Edited by Buffalo716

29 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Division games are tough 

The better team won 

And yet Utah got smoked by Oregon State at home. This is the same Utah team that they have every year.  I’d be willing to bet that USC has had much higher rated recruiting classes than Utah the last three years…I’ll grant you that Utah is better coached.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.