Q for guys who have played: Defensive players thudding each other, why?

Beck Water

11 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

In my experience, there is an exhilaration that comes with colliding with another player, and coming out on top.

I'd even extend that to say that's it's also fun to get knocked on your own ass occasionally. :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So in the mic'd up segment with Poyer, we can see him with another DB (Lewis I think) thudding into him pre-game, then Bernard and Poyer run into each other, both before the first defensive series and before the 2nd half.

You guys who have played: Why?  What does this do for ya?

It’s like a high impact hug. You’ll feel pretty good after. 

This is my hug technique recommendation.

This discussion reminds me of a really stupid high school days story -

My group of friends in grades 10-12 used to have this thing we called a "Clinkscale" which was a flattening freight train of a tackle from out of nowhere. It was named from one of the great Cowboy players Dexter Clinkscale, a hitting machine safety who played in the 80's. The 'agreement' was that while any of our friends were walking about outside somewhere (preferably on grass), any of the other friends could sneak up on the group and as long as they yelled out "Clinkscale!" at the top of their lungs ahead of time and blindside truck one of the other friends! Surprisingly, there were no major injuries from this, and it made us walk around with our heads on a swivel!

Ah, the dumb years, they were fun :)

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

My group of friends in grades 10-12 used to have this thing we called a "Clinkscale" which was a flattening freight train of a tackle from out of nowhere. It was named from one of the great Cowboy players Dexter Clinkscale, a hitting machine safety who played in the 80's. The 'agreement' was that while any of our friends were walking about outside somewhere (preferably on grass), any of the other friends could sneak up on the group and as long as they yelled out "Clinkscale!" at the top of their lungs ahead of time and blindside truck one of the other friends! Surprisingly, there were no major injuries from this, and it made us walk around with our heads in a swivel!

Ha. If I heard Clinkscale I would immediately get down on all fours and watch you go flying instead. Ha

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

My group of friends in grades 10-12 used to have this thing we called a "Clinkscale" which was a flattening freight train of a tackle from out of nowhere. It was named from one of the great Cowboy players Dexter Clinkscale, a hitting machine safety who played in the 80's. The 'agreement' was that while any of our friends were walking about outside somewhere (preferably on grass), any of the other friends could sneak up on the group and as long as they yelled out "Clinkscale!" at the top of their lungs ahead of time and blindside truck one of the other friends! Surprisingly, there were no major injuries from this, and it made us walk around with our heads in a swivel!

I am sooooo going to get you at a TBD tailgate. :devil:

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I used to love getting hit/tackled as long as it was a good form tackle and you don't land awkward.

You appreciate the guy hitting you the right way. I think that's why sometimes guys get up and say, "Nice hit, man."

They appreciate a good form tackle. And no matter how forceful, it really doesn't hurt - kinda feels good in a weird way.

Josh Allen is on record saying "he needs a little contact" and "he likes to get hit sometimes. it makes him feel alive".

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.