Defensive Tackle 1T

SCBills

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jefferson already has three sacks on the season... I think he had five last year

McDermott's rotation doesn't let many defensive linemen get into a groove and collect stats... He's a solid rotation guy at strong side end or three technique though

He has a place in the league 

The criteria wasn’t that they have been playing well it was whether they played well as a bill I think?

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The criteria wasn’t that they have been playing well it was whether they played well as a bill I think?

For sure ..  I wasn't calling out your post

He really didn't do anything here... But he still an NFL worthy player who found some success

The thing is with the d line rotation... It's more about the unit effort than the individual

I think McD wants flexibility at the DT spots. You saw a few times yesterday the tackles would adjust to the strength of the defense, instead of switching spots. 

I think this is beneficial if you have the personnel but if they continue to do that, teams can take advantage getting a more favorable look with motions and shifts, forcing guys like Oliver to the nose.

Oliver played 87% of the snaps yesterday. That is by far the most I can remember of any DT underneath mcdermott. Wow. 

4 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Ndamukong Suh 

He's not the dominant player he once was, but he's an upgrade to what we have in the building now.  I'd definitely have him in for a workout to see if he still has something left in the tank.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.