To the meteorologists out there

NewEra

I’m making a cross country drive from Buffalo to Vegas, leaving this Tuesday.  Can anyone tell me how the weather is looking across the country Tuesday-Friday?

I checked a couple websites but couldn’t find a National map starting Tuesday 

Can't predict, but I probably lucked out. I drove a Hertz truck towing my car from Hartford, CT to the SF, CA area this week  back in 1994. Took me 7 days and didn't run into any precipitation. Iewmember seeing some snow on the mountains in the distance in Wyoming, but that was it.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m making a cross country drive from Buffalo to Vegas, leaving this Tuesday.  Can anyone tell me how the weather is looking across the country Tuesday-Friday?

I checked a couple websites but couldn’t find a National map starting Tuesday 

fwiw, I just checked some local forecasts across the country this week on the NWS site and it looks like you'll be riding in clear weather the entire way across.

National Weather Service

I've run that route numerous times and that haul is probably only about 30ish hrs.

You play your cards right and you could be there late Wed night; that would buy you a couple extra days in Vegas.

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Simon said:

fwiw, I just checked some local forecasts across the country this week on the NWS site and it looks like you'll be riding in clear weather the entire way across.

National Weather Service

I've run that route numerous times and that haul is probably only about 30ish hrs.

You play your cards right and you could be there late Wed night; that would buy you a couple extra days in Vegas.

Thanks for looking out!  That’s great news.

I live in Vegas- I flew to Buffalo with my mom for a week to check on her house that’s been vacant for a year. She got sick last year and moved in with us last year.  So I’m gutting it and cleaning it to sell.  We’re packing up stuff and driving her truck back to Vegas so we don’t have to worry about anything in upstate Ny anymore. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.