What do you think is the dumbest rule in any sport

LabattBlue

One always stands out to me every Saturday in the fall....

Being considered down in college football when a player with possession of the ball goes to the ground without a defensive player making contact.

I don't even think there is a close second. All you old fogies on the NCAA rules committee need to loosen up a little bit, step out of the 1930's and stop talking about the good ole' days!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been annoyed at how fouling is an actual strategy in basketball.....I get tired of watching teams taking turns shooting foul shots. Ruins the whole flow of the game.

I'm taking the opposing view on both of these. The college rule is there to prevent guys from being hit when they are down. After all these guys aren't pro's and if it save a couple of kids from injury, it should stay.

On the intentional walk, there are a lot of pitchers who cannot throw a strike after throwing 4 pitches out like that not counting the fact that they could throw a wild pitch. If they aren't skilled enough to do that, why should it be made easy for them. In fact there a pitchers who compensate for this lack of ability by throwing the next pitch rather fat. So keep the rule, make em throw it.

The college rule is there to prevent guys from being hit when they are down.  After all these guys aren't pro's and if it save a couple of kids from injury, it should stay.

26262[/snapback]

If that is the logic behind the rule I can understand....but I still don't like it! :(

With out a DOUBT, pass interference!

Let them fight for the damn ball!

Fine, a CB is literally riding the WR like a horse. Does that deserve a spot of the foul penalty?

So, the QB can see a WR getting mugged, simply throw the ball at his feet and get a 50 yard penalty resulting in a HUGE gain? B.S.!!!!!

First of all, why does ANY football player deserve to go down field un freakin touched? This IS a contact sport!

Secondly, What gaurantees that the WR will actually CATCH the ball anyways? They drop all KINDS of balls!

Thirdly, Who says the pass is on target? QB's throw off target all the time.

Finally, penalize a standard yardage for each infraction. Why is a 50 yard pass interference worth more than a 2 yard pass interference? Whats to say the 2 yards throw wouldnt be caught and run for 50 yards? Holding penalties count a straight amoutn whether it would have resulted in a loss of yards on the run or a TD.

Oh, and never forget the one that drives EVERYONE crazy:

The hansoku called when a mawashi unravels and exposes the rikishi. Used to be a crowd favorite until they made that illegal.

26314[/snapback]

If that means what I think it means, the entire sport would have to have a 10 sec delay when televised. :(

Are you a Sumo fan? I think it's pretty cool, myself.

26344[/snapback]

Yeah, nothing better than ridiculously obese sweaty men wearing only thongs (and who actually have other people wipe their ass because they can't) running into each other after throwing salt in the air. What's not to like about that? :(