Playoff Chances Across The NFL 4 Weeks In

corta765

14 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I can’t believe I’m about to go to bat for Zach Wilson but I can see the jets rolling with him given who’s available.  At least he’s bad and mobile rather than just a pretty bad pocket passer lol matt Ryan would get killed behind that offensive line 

Zach Wilson is inconsistent, but when he's on he's pretty good.  Good arm, makes the tough throws.  But then he gets stupid and careless for a few series and that's the ball game.  Who knows whether he'll get his issues fixed.  Josh Allen did.  I'm not saying that Wilson will ever be in Allen's tier, but the point is a young QB with a good arm can become better.  If Wilson gets Jordan Palmer's phone number, who knows how good he can get.

Forget about Denver.  Their offense is about average, but their defense is incredibly bad.  They give up 10 touchdowns to the Dolphins and looked even worse doing it than you'd think.  Then they make Fields look like a great young QB, when he's generally pretty mediocre. If the Bills played the Broncos this year, the league would make Josh Allen wear a blindfold to keep the score in double digits.

Edited by Utah John

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

Zach Wilson is inconsistent, but when he's on he's pretty good.  Good arm, makes the tough throws.  But then he gets stupid and careless for a few series and that's the ball game.  Who knows whether he'll get his issues fixed.  Josh Allen did.  I'm not saying that Wilson will ever be in Allen's tier, but the point is a young QB with a good arm can become better.  If Wilson gets Jordan Palmer's phone number, who knows how good he can get.

Forget about Denver.  Their offense is about average, but their defense is incredibly bad.  They give up 10 touchdowns to the Dolphins and looked even worse doing it than you'd think.  Then they make Fields look like a great young QB, when he's generally pretty mediocre. If the Bills played the Broncos this year, the league would make Josh Allen wear a blindfold to keep the score in double digits.

Get the blindfold ready. Monday night Nov 13. Broncos at Bills

Peter King hinting that Matt Eberflus could get fired this week if they lose again. 14 straight going back to last year.

670 The Score on X: ".@peter_king wouldn't be surprised if the Bears fire coach Matt Eberflus on Friday or sometime later during the season. "You can not lose 14 games in a row and think you should hold onto your job," he says. Listen to full interview with @ParkinsSpiegel: https://t.co/sIcJEyYDIq https://t.co/M7mUgFSJr0" / X (twitter.com)

18 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Daboll being familiar with the Bills schemes and players might be the only thing that saves them from a historic ass kicking in Buffalo. MIGHT save them.

Those schemes are getting new wrinkles, that 40 yard dump play to Cook was never seen in the Daboll years.

9 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Those schemes are getting new wrinkles, that 40 yard dump play to Cook was never seen in the Daboll years.

That wasn't really a drawn up play, that was simply Cook seeing Allen scrambling and turning it upfield.

21 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Giants are about to slide down into that Bears' territory. That team is coming apart at the seams. 

Watching them play is like watching a stand up comedy show.  I get 4-5 good laughs an hour

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Watching them play is like watching a stand up comedy show.  I get 4-5 good laughs an hour

I actually enjoyed that game. One of my favorite non-Bills games last year was the no-TD overtime debacle between the Colts and Broncos. It was so bad it became comical. I was watching it with my daughter and we both were laughing the whole game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Jacksonville and Cincy (I think the Bengals get it going late but dug themselves too much of a hole as they probably are going to have to sit Joe Burrow for a few weeks and eat more losses they could be sitting at 2-6 or 3-5 after the next 4 weeks and still having to play KC and Baltimore)

I have thought the worst thing CIN did was not resting Burrow a week or two. Short term it would've stunk and they would probably fall back in division race, but now they may have to large of a hole to even make the playoffs which is even worse.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

Burrow has one of those injuries that isn't going away any time soon.  The Bungles bringing him back instead of sitting him til he was actually healed may have destroyed their season

And the thing is Burrow is incredibly dependent as a passer on his timing and precision passing. he is not like Mahomes or Allen who can make it up as they go, if his body isn't right it is a major issue. 

Just now, corta765 said:

And the thing is Burrow is incredibly dependent as a passer on his timing and precision passing. he is not like Mahomes or Allen who can make it up as they go, if his body isn't right it is a major issue. 

100% agree, such a boneheaded move, they should/could have sat him this entire month if need be to get right, their record would probably be the same or better.  His play has been awful

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

At this point it's the Ravens division to lose. They already have road wins at Cincinnati and Cleveland.

Besides it just being an awful injury I was genuinely interest if Chubb could carry CLE to the division. Such a bummer as Watson just seems so shaky at this point I wouldn't bet on him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.