Memo to Beane, Dorsey - What the Bills need to do to perfect the offense. (With Poll)

Chaos

What do the Bills need to do to perfect the Offense?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What do the Bills need to do to perfect the Offense?

• Get Spencer Brown Fixed
    • Upgrade WR2 to someone better than Gabe Davis
    • Improve redzone play calling
    • Something else (see comments)
    • Bad Poll, the offense is perfect.

56 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yep and these posters don't want to admit it. Just because Josh is able to turn nothing into something doesn't mean the offense is clicking. All of our big plays come from Josh scrambling and making something happen. That's not the way to consistently win in this league. The OC is calling a trash game and Josh is covering up his inadequacies.

Sorry almost every chunk play this year has been due to Allen's skill set.  TD to Davis was a rope.  A lame duck and it is broken up.  The 40 harder too to Davis vs LV again improvisation by Allen.  The 20+ yarders to Diggs because Allen buys time.  

If the game plan is bad, yep Allen you can see gets frustrated (along with Diggs).  Let him play.

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry almost every chunk play this year has been due to Allen's skill set.  TD to Davis was a rope.  A lame duck and it is broken up.  The 40 harder too to Davis vs LV again improvisation by Allen.  The 20+ yarders to Diggs because Allen buys time.  

If the game plan is bad, yep Allen you can see gets frustrated (along with Diggs).  Let him play.

That's right but that's not the way to consistently win. You can't expect 1 player to always make big plays. If Josh has a bad day (Jets) then we can't do anything on offense. This offense requires Josh to be Superman and make ridiculous plays every single game. Would be nice to have an OC that could scheme wide open receivers like KC or Dolphins. Nice little underhand throws etc. Something that doesn't require your QB to out-scramble ultra athletic pass rushers every play and then jump over the safety to get the first down!

For me, their short yardage and quick pass playcalls are still awful. I'm glad he's calling them finally, but it seems like we aren't setting guys up to ge5t YAC on these plays. I haven't watched enough all-22 to see what role Allen is playing in all of it, but just watching I can tell we're a far cry from the 00 Patriots. If that part of our game could become dangerous to where we broke big plays out of routine dump offs, that would be the missing link to our offense imo.

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

That's right but that's not the way to consistently win. You can't expect 1 player to always make big plays. If Josh has a bad day (Jets) then we can't do anything on offense. This offense requires Josh to be Superman and make ridiculous plays every single game. Would be nice to have an OC that could scheme wide open receivers like KC or Dolphins. Nice little underhand throws etc. Something that doesn't require your QB to out-scramble ultra athletic pass rushers every play and then jump over the safety to get the first down!

How many other games do Bills' fans watch and wonder why they complete so many easy passes and how open some receivers are.  Meanwhile here every play seems to be a slog (yes hyperbole but a lot of truth).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/28/2023 at 8:41 AM, Behindenemylines said:

My hope is that Dorsey has been only opening the playbook as much as needed last few weeks.  He is holding back plays and schemes to use during this game based on how it’s going.  I expect much more Kincaid and Knox as well as seeing Cook close to 150 yards.  

Gamesmanship at play here is my thought.  Miami will the difference in home field or not for us potentially. 

Basically this is how the sausage is made, to use an old expression, playing playoff teams and proving that you are the better team and are ready to win a championship. I read quotes from Josh which give me hope that he will take what the defense gives him in order to win this game. I think that this game is a bellwether game that is classic great offense vs. great defense which adds to the spotlight, and Dorsey needs to deliver.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.