Over-reaction Three Weeks In.... Offense seems disjointed

Billsfan1972

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He doesn't say McDermott is holding him back. 

McDermott has said exactly what Dunne is saying there. The Bills need Josh to be himself. 

They do not need "sedated Josh" as he puts it. I think anyone arguing that ia what they need is wrong.

When vs. LV they started the game with two straight runs up the middle for 1-2 yards, then you put Allen behind the 8-ball and again take a look at the first half vs. Washington and how many bad positions Allen was put in thanks to runs and bad plays on first & second down.  

This has been mentioned many times in this thread, but conveniently ignored by some.

Vs. LV too it was close to being 10 or 14-0 until a TO by Jimmy G the second possession.   

McD can say what he wants, but the play calling states otherwise in many ways.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

When vs. LV they started the game with two straight runs up the middle for 1-2 yards, then you put Allen behind the 8-ball and again take a look at the first half vs. Washington and how many bad positions Allen was put in thanks to runs and bad plays on first & second down.  

This has been mentioned many times in this thread, but conveniently ignored by some.

Vs. LV too it was close to being 10 or 14-0 until a TO by Jimmy G the second possession.   

McD can say what he wants, but the play calling states otherwise in many ways.  

What so because they opened the game with two runs it means they are reigning Josh in? Oh come off it you are talking utter crap.

EDIT: and "close to 14-0" means intercepted at his own 30 yard line. A mere 70 yards away from the Bills endzone. Though what that even has to do with reigning in Josh I have no idea.

Edited by GunnerBill

On 9/25/2023 at 8:11 AM, GunnerBill said:

It is what a lot of the uber critics here do. They say "ah yes the way it happened was okay... but what if it hadn't happened that way? What if they'd been worse? Then it would have been bad wouldn't it? See there's your proof."

It is the most batshit crazy way of engaging in debate.

I wonder if Giants fans discount their first Super Bowl win against the Pats?  "Yeah but it took a David Tyree miracle to win that game.  We had to rely on a miracle to win that game because Coughlin holds the team back."

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He doesn't say McDermott is holding him back. 

McDermott has said exactly what Dunne is saying there. The Bills need Josh to be himself. 

They do not need "sedated Josh" as he puts it. I think anyone arguing that ia what they need is wrong.

"Instead, Allen opted to do exactly what all of America (including his head coach) has been scream-scolding him not to. He improvised. "

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

But there is zero evidence for that assertion. If he means his Head Coach has told him he has to stop turning the ball over I am sure that is true. Beyond that he has nothing.

So because it's in direct conflict w your point it's fake news

weren't you just criticizing some other guy for having a crap argument lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

What so because they opened the game with two runs it means they are reigning Josh in? Oh come off it you are talking utter crap.

When anyone watching on TV with the Bills down 7-0 could see (and no I'm not a coach) that it was going to be a run the first two plays and no disguising it, that to me were two wasted downs and a 3 & out.  

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

When anyone watching on TV with the Bills down 7-0 could see (and no I'm not a coach) that it was going to be a run the first two plays and no disguising it, that to me were two wasted downs and a 3 & out.  

Ah any run is a wasted down. Got it. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

'theres no evidence to support this'

*sees evidence

'...that's unsupported!'

too funny

There is no evidence. There is a throw away line in parenthesis from a journo that you are interpreting.

I've been pretty vocal about Josh needing to dial back the mistakes, but really starting to turn to the view of "F" it, we live in die with this man being a gunslinger. We just don't have an offense that can dink and dunk. It's not who we are. If Josh plays free (whether that freedom is based on his own mindset or potential restraints he has) our volatility will increase, but our top output will also increase. Just some rando thoughts for the day. Cheerio. 

Edited by Mikie2times

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You don't believe in a 4 quarter game.  

Now I see that those runs were designed to make LV think twice in the 4th quarter. 

e get it the Bills steamrolled them.  

The Bills were down 7-0 and came out with 3 uninspired plays to start the game and it was all a ruse.😉 

Again I was playing checkers and McD was playing Chess 

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

I've been pretty vocal about Josh needing to dial back the mistakes, but really starting to turn to the view of "F" it, we live in die with this man being a gunslinger. We just don't have an offense that can dink and dunk. It's not who we are. If Josh plays free (whether that freedom is based on his own mindset or potential restraints he has) our volatility will increase, but our top output will also increase. Just some rando thoughts for the day. Cheerio. 

This is exactly what teams who play a 2-high shell with 7 defenders (rushing 4) want Josh to think. The deep balls are covered, the intermediate balls require precision and we've got only 1 guy right now (Diggs) who's getting separation regularly and catching the ball. This is where Davis / Knox / Kincaid should be used with play action. We should be running the sht out of the ball into light boxes and hitting slants/quick WR screens/TE chips to the flat. If you are successful the D adjusts and now the deep/intermediate shots are more open 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.