Am I the only one who would pay more than $800?

I'd give them $800 RIGHT NOW.

350824[/snapback]

Yeah, no kidding.

Hell, I would've easily gone over $1,000... :lol: (especially since it all goes to charity - tax writeoff!)

CW

i dunno, maybe because im young and i dont have money, but theres no way i would have spent $800 to watch a bills practice and eat lunch. The lunch thing sounds really cool, im sure that would have been fun, but for that amount of money i'll just wait a month and watch their practices for free. The touring of the facilities is ok i guess, but i mean what really is there? the field, lockeroom, weight room, i dunno. I really would have liked to eat with MM but not for that amount of money. but anyways it looks like im alone.

I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!

The opportunity to hang at One Bills Drive (whatever that entails) and the money going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, I would have thought this would have fetched a couple G's at least!

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3205

If I would've known about that, I would've paid WAY more than $800...

CW

350822[/snapback]

I'm all about the Bills, but I don't understand the whole jock-sniffing thing. They don't like it, so why would somebody pay for the privilege to be a nuisance? I am not asking this question to demean, I really don't understand. :lol:

i dunno, maybe because im young and i dont have money, but theres no way i would have spent $800 to watch a bills practice and eat lunch. The lunch thing sounds really cool, im sure that would have been fun, but for that amount of money i'll just wait a month and watch their practices for free. The touring of the facilities is ok i guess, but i mean what really is there? the field, lockeroom, weight room, i dunno. I really would have liked to eat with MM but not for that amount of money. but anyways it looks like im alone.

350841[/snapback]

I agree. It sounds fun, but not for that kind of money. I'm not one to go "ooooohhh and ahhhhhh" when it comes to things like this. They are only human like us. I don't expect any Bills players to pay $800 to take a tour of my job and watch me work.

I agree. It sounds fun, but not for that kind of money. I'm not one to go "ooooohhh and ahhhhhh" when it comes to things like this. They are only human like us. I don't expect any Bills players to pay $800 to take a tour of my job and watch me work.

351066[/snapback]

Come on, you wouldnt want Sam Adams or Takeo following you around your job? Hell, I'd pay THEM to hang out with me at work for one day.

Through my connections with Dwight Adams, I got to go to training camp for five days in 1997. It was an awesome experience. I had free housing and meals, got lots of free garb, and tons of great memories of meeting many players, all of the coaches and sitting in on team meetings. We also drove to Orchard Park and toured the stadium, where I had my picture made while standing next to several players' locker rooms.

350841[/snapback]

I take it you've never been to a Republican luncheon or fundraiser.

"I was really surprised at the level of intensity that they had given the fact that they weren't in pads and it's just an OTA," he said. "I kind of the thought that it was going to be more like a walk through before a game. But especially when they were going through the 7-on-7 drills they seemed to be pretty much going full speed. There was a lot of yelling and communicating with each other. The intensity was really there."
You know why this is? Because 95% of all football players would rather be doing something else.

The two talked about everything from their thoughts on last year's season to Malin's new job -
So Mike...which do you think sucked more in the Pittsburgh game: Drew or the defense letting a third year running back kill us late in the game?

I love the Bills, but could think of alot better things to do w/ $800. You could visit the stadium several times and eat lunch with alot of great Bills fans. Was the lunch with MM his choice or part of the package? I can think of several people in the organization I'd rather dine with. Lunch with Ralph...I might pony up the dough.

I was thinking the same thing!!!!!! 

The opportunity to hang at One Bills Drive (whatever that entails) and the money going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, I would have thought this would have fetched a couple G's at least!

350871[/snapback]

As my son John and our entire family have been and still are recipients of the Make A Wish Foundation's work, I can only say they are truely a wonderful organization.

This year alone they have sponsored a trip to Give Kids The World village in Orlando, FL for a week along with free passes to Disney World (3-days), Seaworld, and Universal Studios, airfare, rental car, and spending money for our entire family (Mom our four children and myself). We have also gone to picnics, a Dayton Dragons (minor league baseball) dinner and game, and an upcoming airshow (Thunderbirds and others).

This is not to mention the Christmas parties for the past three years, other picnics, etc.

For sick children, they really come though. By the way, my son Johnny has past his first year without chemo, and will now be tested every other month vs. monthly.

Tomorrow I'll be back on my liberal "evil corporation" platform but today I chose to remember that corporate sponsorship is what has made the Make A Wish Foundation and Give Kids The World work for so many families like mine. Today we say thanks to all that have contributed to these wonderful organizations.

By the way, my son Johnny has past his first year without chemo, and will now be tested every other month vs. monthly.

Great news...congrats! God bless Johnny and your entire family. <_<